Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD computer upgrade >>> No more music?

Dave92F1

Aug 27, 2018
Boston USA
My late 2018 Model 3 just got the latest FSD computer upgrade.

I used to be able to press the right steering wheel button and say "Play XYZ", and it would play that. There were thumbs-up and thumbs-down buttons on the display for each song.

Now I press the button, say "Play XYZ" and nothing happens. FM radio and playing from my phone still work fine.

I never figured out which service Tesla was using for that music, but it's gone.

What was it, and how do I get it back?

jjrandorin

Moderator, Model 3, Tesla Energy Forums
Nov 28, 2018
Riverside Co. CA
Try googling "slacker account in telsa model 3" and see if there is any information about it. I use spotify and / or music streaming from my phone so dont know the specific answer to your question, other than to say the service that came with model 3s was called "slacker radio". I think it has changed names, and tesla might or might not still have it free.

I dont use it so dont know that part.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC