Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD owners will be automatic Priority/Early Access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do we have a choice between using v9 and not using v9?

Well, the choice is the same with all cars. If you hate it, you can always Bluetooth connect your phone and use maps, music straight from the phone and have it mounted and use audio via speakers. That is always the choice, unless you go with the more recent cars that have CarPlay ect.

Well, the choice is the same with all cars. If you hate it, you can always Bluetooth connect your phone and use maps, music straight from the phone and have it mounted and use audio via speakers. That is always the choice, unless you go with the more recent cars that have CarPlay ect.

My comment was mostly about v9 and there is a whole thread about how much people hate it. Yes unfortunately I do use phone for maps (I like to drive with camera on top and Teslawaze on bottom but v9 took it away) and music (usb music issues, stuttering). I am not familiar with carplay but recent Android Auto works great on my 2015 hyundai.

They should make amends and retrofit the earliest VINs that bought FSD first and get them into the program first. Really bad optics rewarding latecomers.
But it is so much easier for them to push/test the newest firmware to cars that already have the 'better/newest' hardware. Folks like you and me (with HW2) need a new module to take advantage of FSD and even then we will not have everything newer cars with 2.5 or 3 HW and MCU2 has...

I am hopeful, like others here, that I see that notification on my phone soon. I wasn't the first to buy the model 3 but I did grab onto the FSD in mid-2018 so I'm looking forward to getting one more 'early-buyer' benefit (the other benefits being having an awesome car the moment I took delivery).