Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD owners will be automatic Priority/Early Access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

diplomat33

Average guy who loves autonomous vehicles
Aug 3, 2017
USA
I know Tesla promised Early Access to FSD owners before and has not delivered on that promise yet. But if I am reading this tweet correctly, it sounds like Elon plans to give ALL FSD owners Priority/Early Access now, not just early purchasers of FSD.

I hope Tesla really does it this time.

upload_2019-8-9_14-6-9.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-9_14-3-36.png
    upload_2019-8-9_14-3-36.png
    31.5 KB · Views: 67
I know Tesla promised Early Access to FSD owners before and has not delivered on that promise yet. But if I am reading this tweet correctly, it sounds like Elon plans to give ALL FSD owners Priority/Early Access now, not just early purchasers of FSD.

View attachment 439728

I genuinely hope so.....BUT
I don’t believe it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc

View attachment 439728
Its not clear … here is the full twitter exchange. Priority & EAP are different. Seems to me
- EAP for early FSD buyers
- Priority in the upload queue for rest of FSD buyers

EMTweet8.PNG

I agree that it is not super clear. I guess we shall see. At least, Elon does seem to want to do something for FSD buyers.

I bought my FSD early and should have qualified for the Early Access program per tweets and messages from Tesla. About 2 months ago, I got an e-mail from Tesla saying that because I purchased my FSD early, they told me that I should set my software to Advanced so I would get the software updates earlier than those that did not set their software to Advanced. Since everyone can do this, this does not satisfy Tesla's original commitment to give Early Access to early FSD purchasers.

It is super clear to me, Tesla needs to include me in the Early Access program since I purchased FSD early. I purchased FSD on my S85 in June of 2015 and purchased FSD again on my S90D in December of 2016. Since then there have been 2 FSD offerings at $3,000 which is much less than I paid both times.

Elon says that our cars will appreciate after FSD is delivered. My S90D cost over $100,000 and now I can buy a S100D for about $20,000 less. I would lose a lot of money on a trade-in if I traded it to purchase a new Tesla or any other car. My Model S just lost $20,000 in value because of the price decreases.

Reactions: 0mpg and jebinc
I purchased FSD on my S85 in June of 2015

I didn’t think FSD became an option until after AP2 was announced in October 2016, so I think you have a typo in your dates. I assume your S85 is an AP2 car not an AP1 car.

$3k was the original price for the package if bought with the car, so I am guessing you must have added it on after purchase if you paid more, which is very unfortunate. Tesla didn’t do their early adopters any favors with the price fluctuations.

Only thing I am glad is that I did at least order the option with my car, so there has been only one “sale” so far where the price was lower (the March $2000 fire sale). I was pretty happy with the announcement that we would get into the early beta program as a consolation prize, so them going back on that promise has been super disappointing.

I didn’t think FSD became an option until after AP2 was announced in October 2016, so I think you have a typo in your dates. I assume your S85 is an AP2 car not an AP1 car.

$3k was the original price for the package if bought with the car, so I am guessing you must have added it on after purchase if you paid more, which is very unfortunate. Tesla didn’t do their early adopters any favors with the price fluctuations.

Only thing I am glad is that I did at least order the option with my car, so there has been only one “sale” so far where the price was lower (the March $2000 fire sale). I was pretty happy with the announcement that we would get into the early beta program as a consolation prize, so them going back on that promise has been super disappointing.
I want FSD as promised, not a consolation prize. I was clearly told I would just need to get into my car and it would drive to my destination. It had all the hardware necessary to do this. They have been holding my $3k for nearly 3 years and they keep repeating their promise.

To me that seems more like everyone who bought FSD now will get priority in software updates, not necessarily Early Access.
As an early FSD purchaser, we were told we would be invited to join the Early Access program. Tesla lied because I never received it.

A few months ago, I got an e-mail from Tesla saying I would get priority updates by clicking the Advanced button in the software tab. This was another lie because anyone that clicks on Advanced gets the same priority.

As an early FSD purchaser, we were told we would be invited to join the Early Access program. Tesla lied because I never received it.

A few months ago, I got an e-mail from Tesla saying I would get priority updates by clicking the Advanced button in the software tab. This was another lie because anyone that clicks on Advanced gets the same priority.

Totally agree. I am also waiting for my early access...

There is definitely a wave of new early access program emails going out. I didn't get one but others who have purchased FSD more recently have gotten emails. Not sure if there is a pattern, or all of us FSD purchasers will ultimately be included. But it seems early access isn't only for the early adopters (as promised) but also for others who more recently purchased FSD.

There is definitely a wave of new early access program emails going out. I didn't get one but others who have purchased FSD more recently have gotten emails. Not sure if there is a pattern, or all of us FSD purchasers will ultimately be included. But it seems early access isn't only for the early adopters (as promised) but also for others who more recently purchased FSD.

Super uncool if they reward FSD buyers during the flash sale instead of those who bought before that.

Reactions: pilotSteve and TacC
Super uncool if they reward FSD buyers during the flash sale instead of those who bought before that.

Yeah agree. At the least they should send out invites to early adopters first, then allow later adopters like myself in. Or give us "priority" access, or "extra" priority access. Or given the fact that the advanced setting does nothing for both my cars, just make it work for us.

Another solution: Give priority for HW3 retrofits to the early adopters first.

But nonetheless we know, Tesla doesn't always operate in the way that seems most fair or in uploading past promises to certain groups of owners.

Reactions: emmz0r
Even worse. I am eagerly awaiting my retrofit, and I don't get that. So now people who already are lucky enough to have HW3 get the benefit of EAP as well...
I don't think all HW3 folks who bought FSD will get into EAP. My guess is they don't have any HW3 owners in EAP, so they need to get some into the program to test out before wider rollout.

• Love
Reactions: boonedocks