Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FSD V9 First Impressions - General Public Access Seems Way Off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mix Murphy's Law (of driving) with Andy Grove---

Watch out for other drivers, they'll do the wrong thing at the worst possible time. Only the paranoid drivers survive.

In the actual Full Self Driving Beta release notes it says, “It may do the wrong thing at the worst time.”
Then Elon tweets that “...there will be unknown issues, so please be paranoid!”

I think I compiled a number of great clips (best of the worst) that would make anyone paranoid about FSD in it's current state. City driving is by far the worst, as expected, but a number of these serious issues occur outside of the city also.
Every time I marvel at FSD I am reminded, by these clips, of how far it still has to go to be viable.

I really love using autopilot on the highway and in heavy stop and go traffic, but there is no way I would use this current version. I know, it's beta, but wow some of these are bad.

"Elon today said that public release would only come in V10 or V11 so it is several months away at best, maybe longer."

No, you implied an entire quote. Had you said "Elon today said that public release would only come in V10 or V11 so IN MY OPINION it is several months away at best, maybe longer," you would have a point. But you didn't.
When the conjunction "that" is used to set off an indirect quotation, the indirect quotation is generally assumed to end at the end of the phrase. Everything beginning after the word "so" is part of a different phrase, and would not typically be interpreted to be part of the indirect quotation. To include subsequent phrases as part of the indirect quotation, you would typically precede the subsequent phrases with "that", e.g. "He said that public release would come only in V10 or V11, and that this release would thus be several months away at best, or maybe longer."

English is, however, an inherently ambiguous language, which is why writing airtight contracts is such a freaking pain in the backside. :)

The sentence is, however, missing a comma before the word "so".

Reactions: diplomat33
When the conjunction "that" is used to set off an indirect quotation, the indirect quotation is generally assumed to end at the end of the phrase. Everything beginning after the word "so" is part of a different phrase, and would not typically be interpreted to be part of the indirect quotation.
English is, however, an inherently ambiguous language, which is why writing airtight contracts is such a freaking pain in the backside. :)

The sentence is, however, missing a comma before the word "so".
Contracts indeed are, and not an area I have any intention of entering (other than IT contracts in a previous life). Let's agree the post in question was conclusory, and at a minimum ambiguous.