Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full Charge Millage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I collect my new model S performance and love it , today is the first time i have fully charged it , the charger complete at 344 miles but the advertised millage on the website is 365 any reason why

If this question is already on the forum i apologies but could not find it

IMG_0343.PNG
IMG_0344.PNG

I'll take a stab at it and guess that the 344 miles is based on the EPA range which is usually somewhat smaller than the WLTP range.

There's tons of discussion about this subject here. Once people learn enough about the car to realize that they aren't going to get stranded by the roadside with an empty battery they start worrying that their batteries are degrading faster than normal.

Don't charge the battery to 100%. That will shorten its life (doing it occasionally won't hurt but don't do it very often). 80% of 344 is 275 miles. That's more than enough for 99.9% of drives.

Reactions: quickstrike12
I collect my new model S performance and love it , today is the first time i have fully charged it , the charger complete at 344 miles but the advertised millage on the website is 365 any reason why

If this question is already on the forum i apologies but could not find it

View attachment 462203 View attachment 462204

Yes, the epa range (which tesla uses for rated range) is 345 miles for the long range performance. There is no need to limit the charge to 80%. There is almost no difference in degradation vs the standard daily charge of 90% which gives you 310 miles of rated range.