Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full self driving Beta

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just offered this and downloaded it a few days ago. After driving it around for a few days, I can't notice any difference from the pre-beta version. The vehicle graphics on the left screen appear a little sharper.

Also, the safety score is now gone off of my app.

Just my guess (and haven't read this anywhere) I think to be offered the FSD-beta, maybe you need driving data for a year. I purchased the MYP about 1 year ago (for $10,000 at purchase) and my last 30 day average score was 98. I had been in the 100 range for several months but I think the important thing is you must have it for a year.

And honestly, other than sharper and better vehicle graphics, I don't noticed any difference at all.

Reactions: HelloJP
... I don't noticed any difference at all.
FSD can do Navigation on Autopilot on highways.

FSD beta can also do the above BUT it can also do that on City Streets as well and not just on highways only. It can turn left/right on highways for an exit and it can do the same at a traffic light or stop sign.

If you can't do this, then maybe you don't have it.

I definitely have it. This is what it looks like after you download it.

It has also definitely never made a left or right turn from a light.

IMG_7840.jpeg

In order to use FSD beta in city streets, you should have a destination chosen in the Navi; and also press the “navigate on autopilot” button to toggle it to blue color (it looks like a steering wheel next to a highway/street). Finally you engage autopilot, which in my MS is performed by pressing the right yolk scroll wheel, but apparently on other models there is a stalk.

If you are skipping that middle step, you are only engaging autopilot (no turns, no automatic processing of lights and intersections, etc).

In order to use FSD beta in city streets, you should have a destination chosen in the Navi; and also press the “navigate on autopilot” button to toggle it to blue color (it looks like a steering wheel next to a highway/street). Finally you engage autopilot, which in my MS is performed by pressing the right yolk scroll wheel, but apparently on other models there is a stalk.

If you are skipping that middle step, you are only engaging autopilot (no turns, no automatic processing of lights and intersections, etc).
It doesn't give me the option to "navigate on autopilot" on city streets. Maybe because I live in a pretty rural area? I have seen this icon and it's blue, but it's only on freeways.

I do the double stalk to engage autopilot, but it doesn't turn on its own on city streets.

It doesn't give me the option to "navigate on autopilot" on city streets. Maybe because I live in a pretty rural area? I have seen this icon and it's blue, but it's only on freeways.

I do the double stalk to engage autopilot, but it doesn't turn on its own on city streets.
It changed from a big button entitled "NAVIGATE ON AUTOPILOT" to a smaller icon with no text in a recent update. Blue it's on, white it's off. Here is an example...

1655374731783.png

With a destination put into navigation and this turned on, enabling FSD by the stalk, FSD beta will make all of the turns, get onto the highway or toll road, it'll transition to Autopilot, taking all of the interchanges and exits and transition back to FSD beta once you are on surface or city streets again. I regularly take one hour trips with zero intervention this way.

The FSD visualization (on the left) will change depending on if you are using FSD beta (more stuff is visible) or standard AP (less stuff is visible).

Eventually these will merge into the "single stack" and should look and feel seamless to the driver.

I gotta say, it's pretty cool. Sometimes it does really good things like inching out to see past a wall before pulling out and sometimes it makes a 90 degree turn at 30mph. I have it on "average" but it seems like it drives on teenager mode, unpredictable and sometimes crazy.

Reactions: jpfive and TS.42