Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Full Self Driving thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all!

Was wondering if anyone here in the islands use the Full Self Driving options, like the navigate on AutoPilot, summon, or auto park? Yay or nay? Can't see the navigate on AutoPilot being that useful here on Oahu...

In case you missed it, Tesla changed the pricing of it today, so you can now get it for the $6000 price, so I was wondering if I should jump on that hehe

I use summon and auto park almost everyday. NOA once a week or so. I'm still weary of it in some places. All features are worth it to me, but it's the features that are coming that make it worth the investment. Even if self-driving cars (without a driver) don't get regulatory approval here anytime soon, you'll still be able to enjoy just sitting in your car and letting the car do all the work. lol

Reactions: Akikiki
NoA will work on the highways and freeways here, and will at least take the proper offramp. However the "aggression" of the NoA lane changes and tendency to put you back into the middle lane don't work well for Hawaii driving "style". I use autopilot every weekday in east honolulu rush hour traffic. Makes a huge difference.

I too can't wait for FSD and even advanced summon to arrive. Will make driving around town so much easier.

I was using the auto drive in rush hour, but stopped because it rolls you right over the Huge POT HOLES. :mad:
So, now just click it down once for the adaptive cruise control and avoid all the garbage in the road as well.