Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

enhanced auto pilot on 2018 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I am shopping for 2017-2018 Model S
One car has enhanced autopilot included with HW 2.5
However under autopilot menu I see only Traffic-Aware Cruise Control and Autosteer option but no Navigate on autopilot option shown
is it because of HW 2.5?

Another car has only Auto Pilot with Full Self-driving computer (HW 3)
Can I upgrade to Enhanced Autopilot on the app?

both car's rest specs are neck to neck
price difference is about $6000-7000 (Enhanced Autopilot is more expensive)

However under autopilot menu I see only Traffic-Aware Cruise Control and Autosteer option
Then it likely does not actually have EAP. But check the AP menu and ensure everything is enabled. EAP on that car adds Summon, NoAP and Lane Change.

On the 2nd car, if it does have FSD that is inclusive of all EAP features.

Last edited:
Hello,

I am shopping for 2017-2018 Model S
However under autopilot menu I see only Traffic-Aware Cruise Control and Autosteer option but no Navigate on autopilot option shown
is it because of HW 2.5?
This car very likely does not have EAP.

What does the software tab say? You should see “Enhanced Autopilot - included package” if it does.

this id first car showing Enhanced Autopilot under software menu
but no navigate on autopilot under Autopilot menu

1111.jpg
2222.png

I saw the picture, but it looks like TACC is selected. When you set it to Autosteer, NoA will appear, together with a couple warning message you have to acknowledge. That is how it works on 2023.20.9, but should also on 2020.23.7
I think etigro is correct. If it still doesn't show, there's a slight chance EAP has been removed through the FSD amnesty transfer program. If an owner transfers FSD to a new car, the old car gets basic (not-Enhanced) AP. But I don't know how that would look in the settings menu. AP2.5 isn't compatible with FSD Beta but it's possible that it had it at one point and the owner just never upgraded to 3.0.

This is interesting because these cars could never have basic AP. Only options were Nothing at All, EAP, and EAP w/FSD. It's a bit of a bummer that Tesla decided to throw it back to basic AP instead of just removing the FSD portion.

Lifetime premium connectivity is not on all S 2 2018 vintage. I know it expired on mine after sometime (cannot remember when exactly). I bought mine in October 2018 and premium connectivity was mentioned as limited in time.