Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Funny noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Doug_G

Lead Moderator
Global Moderator
Apr 2, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Recently I've started to get a "chirp" sound from somewhere on the right side of the car whenever I go over a larger bump. I can't say where exactly, but it doesn't seem to be from the front. Any ideas what that might be?

If it's related to the squeak I have, it's reproducable by pushing down on an already-closed trunk -- try different areas, from the furthest to the rear to the closest to hinge. If that's it, then I think I know what it is (and will detail it), but haven't solved it yet.

Now that you've taken your car out of storage Doug, maybe the first Robin of spring has built a nest in your Roadster? :wink::biggrin:

Cute. Spring is definitely NOT in the air. Besides the robins always try to build their nest in my back porch, not the garage.

For the winter I'm leaving it in storage mode, but driving it occasionally when the roads are dry. I took it out for a spin last night, and noticed lots of "chirps".

I might have driven it to work today, but my wife expressed a preference for her toes being toasty warm. :frown: