Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Funny. Not Funny.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

David.85D

Oct 29, 2016
USA
Found this randomly. Job ad for Tesla Service Advisor. Openings in multiple locations.... How many people think they have gotten this level of service from Tesla? Do their managers really think they are doing this?

Responsibilities:
  • Answer Phone Calls, Emails and Drive In’s to address any customer concern with the highest level of response and attention
  • Return missed phone calls, email in no less than 5 minutes
  • Determine if technical solution can be resolved over the phone; escalate immediately to Shop Foreman / Service Manager to provide immediate attention
  • Accurately record issues and data into Dealer Management System. Attention to detail critical
  • Conduct Transactions w/ system; walk customer through correction and provide summary
  • Communicate estimated completion time, regular updates and follow through on each customer vehicle
  • Coordinate the detail of every vehicle prior to delivery
  • Coordinate the delivery time or pick up with each customer
  • Follow up with Customer on services provided; ensure they are satisfied with the work performed

It does make you wonder what the practical problems are and the solutions to make them better. That's really up to Tesla to figure out and fix, but clearly we know the problems from the customer side of things. It sounds like their list of responsibilities are idealistic, but why can't it be consistently executed? Is it a failure at the top, mid-level manager, individual SC personnel, bad products that jams the SC demand, etc?

Curious to know when all of these problems will be resolved, I can't imagine the company continuing like this as they continue to grow their customer base with each new model platform.

Found this randomly. Job ad for Tesla Service Advisor. Openings in multiple locations.... How many people think they have gotten this level of service from Tesla? Do their managers really think they are doing this?

Responsibilities:
  • Answer Phone Calls, Emails and Drive In’s to address any customer concern with the highest level of response and attention
  • Return missed phone calls, email in no less than 5 minutes
  • Determine if technical solution can be resolved over the phone; escalate immediately to Shop Foreman / Service Manager to provide immediate attention
  • Accurately record issues and data into Dealer Management System. Attention to detail critical
  • Conduct Transactions w/ system; walk customer through correction and provide summary
  • Communicate estimated completion time, regular updates and follow through on each customer vehicle
  • Coordinate the detail of every vehicle prior to delivery
  • Coordinate the delivery time or pick up with each customer
  • Follow up with Customer on services provided; ensure they are satisfied with the work performed

It is funny... in all my interactions with them, I can say for sure that all of the advisors checked exactly zero lines out of all these.

On the other hand, to be honest, I probably can't do half of the things on my job description but we can't really make that comparison stick... these requirements from Tesla would be the common sense kind.

• Disagree
Reactions: PhilDavid