Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garage Door Closed On Trunk Lip

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would just clean it and spray that small section yourself to protect from corrosion then just buy a spoiler than goes over the lip, something like this.

Model 3 Carbon Fiber Trimline Spoiler (From $229)

It's going to be expensive to fix and the paint color difference might be noticeable.
That's a great suggestion! I'm still going to get it repainted as the car deserves better than a hasty coverup but afterwards, I may have them install the spoiler. The carbon steering wheel and console covers are on my bucket list.

I did the exact same thing to my Mercedes C300, the way I fixed it was trade it in on my Model 3. Problem solved.
Funny you mention that...I scrapped the wall coming into the garage with my 328i back in March and got it repaired. I did the same thing again less than a week later. That was a partial motivating factor in getting the Model 3. I do NOT think trading up to a Performance model 3 will fly with the SO.

I would just clean it and spray that small section yourself to protect from corrosion then just buy a spoiler than goes over the lip, something like this.

Model 3 Carbon Fiber Trimline Spoiler (From $229)

It's going to be expensive to fix and the paint color difference might be noticeable.

Yeah, I agree with this. Unfortunately, with any repair the paint and the clear has a chance of not being as good as the original. The entire panel has to be repainted - a patch job definitely won't last. A good shop can make it a full repaint great and last forever, but there is a lot of uncertainty in the whole process.