Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garage Sale! AKA Operation Honey Due

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems odd to me as well, it appears someone joins the forum then posts about all they have to sell 1-month later. They say "You want it. I can probably get it" with their avatar. Yet when anyone asks a simple question of how they get it; they get all defensive. My 2-cents from an impartial observer...

How'd I come across a virtual Tesla parts nirvana? In my previous life as an indentured slave, I had the good fortune to work very very close to the company of the cars we drive and well, at heart, I'm a car guy, but that is another story for another time perhaps. Let's just say, the company and I were very similar in that money burns a hole in our pockets.

You should tell that story, and try to not use the word impropriety in any sentence. The source of the parts and the seller of the parts ultimately takes advantage of existing Customers or Shareholders. You cannot sell "virtual tesla parts" for less than the cost when advertised as new in the box without exploiting shareholders or current (or recently stolen) vehicle owners.

So, which victim are you, Barnes? Customer or Shareholder?

If it were only up to this company, you'd have no easy access to service techniques or parts and or info...
Another defense for selling new in the box parts at a discount? Right to repair legislation addresses what you mentioned, however it doesn't enable a 3rd party to sell a part below tesla's cost. So, are you ready to disclose how you do that? I'm all for right to repair and publishing open diagnostic and parts info, but don't deflect from the issue... Right to repair is in numerous state legislature proceedings, but how and why are you offering new in the box parts below cost? How about posting a few parts you are selling and showing the invoice you paid; that seems like an opportunity to build credibility.

Reactions: jaguar36
I'm a fellow parts collection addict with camera's, jeeps and motorcycles as a hobby. I cant tell you how many things I've bought that I thought I needed at the time and never used or just bought because one day I would. Buying parts is like drugs to some people and the thought of a new "X" is thrilling even though I don't really need it.

On that note, I purchased 2 wheels from the OP and very happy with the transactions, very positive review if anyone else needs something..