Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Garage Storage 22 Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I will be away for work 45 days. I have garage to leave the Tesla but not plugged in. According to TESLA, my battery can be charged to 100% daily. Since indoor garage will be locked and no need for sentry. Will it be ok? I know TESLA recommends charging every night but I have limited options. Thanks all.

From Tesla’s website:

“If your vehicle is equipped with an LFP Battery, Tesla recommends that you keep your charge limit set to 100%, even for daily use, and that you also fully charge to 100% at least once per week. If Model 3 has been parked for longer than a week, Tesla recommends driving as you normally would and charge to 100% at your earliest convenience.”

Reactions: mvp2ny
Not apples-to-apples, but I have a 2022 Model 3 LR AWD (not LFP battery), just stored in a garage and will be there for 3 months unplugged. Followed all of the energy-saving tips — sentry mode off for all profiles, dash cam off, powered off before exiting the car, closed the app and turned off Bluetooth on my phone as soon as the car auto-locked from my stepping away, don’t check the app to avoid waking it. Left it with 91% (324 mi). Opened the app for the first time after 2 weeks, and shocked/impressed to find I had only lost 3% (8 mi) — down to 88% (316 mi). And that was with several mornings of 30-40 degrees F outside the garage. At that rate over 2 weeks, it could go ~10 months before dropping to 20%.

Reactions: mvp2ny