Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gen3 Wall Connector Not Receiving Firmware Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, hoping somebody on here can provide some insight because i have no idea what I'm doing and new to all of this :)

I have a Model Y on order, and in preparation of delivery, we got a Gen3 Wall Connector installed in the garage. It powers up fine and everything appears fine with it (I don't have a vehicle to charge yet, so I cannot verify it's charging correctly). It's connected to my wifi and if i look at it in the Wall Monitor IOS app it appears it's connected to the internet and able to reach Tesla.

What's odd though is it's running firmware 22.33.1. When i click on that in the Wall Monitor app it tells me I'm four versions behind. So I logged in to the wall connector directly via it's IP and tried to force a firmware update. It's telling me I have the latest firmware. Looking at the Wall Monitor app it looks like the latest firmware should be 22.45.1.

I've left it alone for a week just seeing if it would update on its own but it hasn't. Is this normal? Is there something wrong with the unit?

Appreciate any help / advice on this. Just want to make sure nothing is wrong with the unit.

My Gen 3 Charger will not connect to my mesh wifi even though when I click the end effector it goes into link mode and I see the charger wifi network. But I was able to update the firmware using my cell phone by entering the URL in my browser window.

Yeah the wifi module on the Wall Connector sucks. Unless you have specific issues with the Wall Connector just leave it as is. I think the newer firmware just fixed some compatibility issues with charging non-Tesla EVs.

Well, good news. I left it alone and it updated to 2.45.1. Kind of weird, IMHO, that it took this long to update but at least it's working.

I thought it may not because I'm using a Google Wifi Pro Mesh Network in my home, and read stories about not getting it to work with mesh networks, but I think it's all good now.