Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting Car pinged, who to contact?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would ask everyone who is thinking about stuff like this to step back a moment and think. We cant have it both ways. People cant be upset that the delivery centers are super busy and trying to rush through deliveries, and then also call the delivery centers with basically nonsensical requests like "can you ping my car to tell me where it is now?".

What exactly is one going to do with that information? I get the impatience, somewhat, but people are complaining about rushed deliveries, people are complaining that they dont pick up the phone, and at the same time, people are calling for things like "ping my car...".

Sure, it may be a short phone call, but it takes someone away from something else they SHOULD be doing... like possibly notifying people of pickup dates, or spending a bit extra time with someone on delivery day, or emailing someone documents they promised, or ..... etc.

"ping my car" is not critical. "I need my loan documents so I can finish my financing" is critical. Keep the lines open for people who need requests like that answered, instead of clogging them up with a request for "can you tell me exactly where my car is right now"?

I mean, it would be better if the question was more along the lines of "do you have a solid delivery date for me right now?" which is a real question which can help people figure out their timing, rather than "ping my car"...

No one tends to know until the car arrives at the delivery lot. Even if they do see a VIN assigned, this late in the quarter there seems to be a lot of VIN swapping occurring.

Just wait until the delivery center reaches out. Just chill and hope for a great Christmas present.

Reactions: boaterva
I mean, it would be better if the question was more along the lines of "do you have a solid delivery date for me right now?" which is a real question which can help people figure out their timing, rather than "ping my car"...

But the simplest way for a Tesla rep to provide an accurate response to this question would be to ping their car and see its location.:)

Another thing to remember is that some people have zero information. As an example, I was reticent to reach out to anybody, because I know they are slammed. But I had a VIN in source and MVPA for some time with zero information. My SA has never responded to an email, and the only phone number I was given was the main number for the Tyson's VA sales center where nobody has ever answered the phone or listened to the voicemails where the greeting states that they'll call back within 24h.

The point isn't to gripe. The point is that some people have literally nothing to go on. I personally reached out only twice through chat, and each time the person who got back to me was exceptionally friendly and helpful. I didn't ask for the car to be pinged, but I can see why some people would.