TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Getting my white MX soon! Photos please

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by gazepdapi, Aug 30, 2018.

1. gazepdapi

gazepdapi Member

Anyone got any photos of the pearl white with black interior and black rims? I'm getting the OEM 20" rims and I'm thinking of powder coating them? Just curious to see what a final product looks like.

Thanks!

• Like x 1
  2. ctn531

ctn531 Member

Give the Tsportline website a try. Go to Model X 20" wheels - they have the "TST" wheels which look pretty similar to the slipstream wheels. You can toggle between all the different color options. They also have a gallery which shows the various wheel colors on different color Model X's. You might get lucky ...

3. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

1B92EAF0-C610-451D-8941-C20854AE0B2E.jpeg

• Funny x 1
  4. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

27ECEAFD-CCDA-4FA7-8803-B18B23342817.jpeg

• Love x 1
  5. gazepdapi

gazepdapi Member

6. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Stock 22s:(

7. gazepdapi

gazepdapi Member

Just took a look at the 20" matte black.....looks like you get a much better deal there than with tesla.

They look great to me.

Cost wise, is it better to just get new rims or have the existing ones powdercoated? I hear it'll be close.

8. ctn531

ctn531 Member

I'm making the same decision right now. I'm picking up my new MX on Monday afternoon. I ordered it with the stock 20" slipstream wheels (silver). Tsportline has the 20" TST wheels on sale this weekend for $1920 (black color) including free shipping. The cost to powder coat my stock 20" wheels (here in Denver) is about $500. I actually like the TST wheels slightly more than the slipstream wheels, but not enough to justify spending almost $1500 more to get them (and I don't believe one wheel is functionally better than the other).

I did consider buying the TST's and holding on to the stock slipstream's and possibly put snow tires on them, but the MX is so good in snow (better than my current Subaru Outback), that in reality I'll never put snow tires on them - even living in Denver Colorado.

9. DVS484

DVS484 Member

4ECC9D6B-1FD5-441F-A7D4-740B5ECB103A.jpeg plastidip 20”

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  10. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Powder coating is cheaper than buying new ..and if done properly will look great

• Informative x 1
  11. gazepdapi

gazepdapi Member

How durable is the plastidip? I was looking at this as well.

12. DVS484

DVS484 Member

10k+ miles still looks the same prolly 3-4 coats if you prep it right it looks and holds good. Cheap alternative till you want to powder coat or just redo. I have 22” also so I swapped them and did it off the car. The 22” obviously look the best rides a little harsher than the 20”. Overal I’m happy with just plastidip but will most likely powdercoat when I do the 20” on the model 3