Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting my white MX soon! Photos please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Give the Tsportline website a try. Go to Model X 20" wheels - they have the "TST" wheels which look pretty similar to the slipstream wheels. You can toggle between all the different color options. They also have a gallery which shows the various wheel colors on different color Model X's. You might get lucky ...

1B92EAF0-C610-451D-8941-C20854AE0B2E.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: xyeahtony
Give the Tsportline website a try. Go to Model X 20" wheels - they have the "TST" wheels which look pretty similar to the slipstream wheels. You can toggle between all the different color options. They also have a gallery which shows the various wheel colors on different color Model X's. You might get lucky ...

Just took a look at the 20" matte black.....looks like you get a much better deal there than with tesla.

Stock 22s:(

They look great to me.

Cost wise, is it better to just get new rims or have the existing ones powdercoated? I hear it'll be close.

I'm making the same decision right now. I'm picking up my new MX on Monday afternoon. I ordered it with the stock 20" slipstream wheels (silver). Tsportline has the 20" TST wheels on sale this weekend for $1920 (black color) including free shipping. The cost to powder coat my stock 20" wheels (here in Denver) is about $500. I actually like the TST wheels slightly more than the slipstream wheels, but not enough to justify spending almost $1500 more to get them (and I don't believe one wheel is functionally better than the other).

I did consider buying the TST's and holding on to the stock slipstream's and possibly put snow tires on them, but the MX is so good in snow (better than my current Subaru Outback), that in reality I'll never put snow tires on them - even living in Denver Colorado.

10k+ miles still looks the same prolly 3-4 coats if you prep it right it looks and holds good. Cheap alternative till you want to powder coat or just redo. I have 22” also so I swapped them and did it off the car. The 22” obviously look the best rides a little harsher than the 20”. Overal I’m happy with just plastidip but will most likely powdercoat when I do the 20” on the model 3