Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Getting overpayment back

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My loan money went to Tesla a couple of days before I traded in my old car there and picked up my tesla. I was so excited/frustrated that I walked out of there without the included floor mats (don't really care) but also without a check for the over payment. Anyone know how I get my extra money back? At first I just waited because that seems to be the best way to deal with Tesla, but I am a couple of months out now and no one has suggested that a reimbursement might be coming.

• Funny
Reactions: russelljohnson
My loan money went to Tesla a couple of days before I traded in my old car there and picked up my tesla. I was so excited/frustrated that I walked out of there without the included floor mats (don't really care) but also without a check for the over payment. Anyone know how I get my extra money back? At first I just waited because that seems to be the best way to deal with Tesla, but I am a couple of months out now and no one has suggested that a reimbursement might be coming.

Why did you have an overpayment? Also, what model did you buy? If you bought the SR+, it does not include floor mats.

Just call the service center.

Hmmm. I was specifically told the sr+ came with floor mats at the sales center. No big deal. Between my loan and my trade in there was more money than the car cost. I didn’t even think of calling the service center! I figured I had to sit on hold with corporate for hours!

Call/email your IDA or the SC to find out why a check hasn't been cut. Usually, it's a couple weeks.

However, I see you mentioned your overpay was due to loan/trade-in. Did you finance the car you traded in? Was the overpay due to you making payments on a loan after the trade-in numbers were set? If that's the case, then you might have a credit balance at the lender for your trade-in. They should send that to you.