Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Help with Tesla Loan/Name on order agreement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After years of trying I finally convinced my parents to purchase a Tesla. We found a used model S on Teslas website and my parents gave me the green light to order it. I did so using a credit card through apple pay. Little did I know that would put my name on the order agreement. Afterwards I put my moms name on all of the registration forms on the tesla app. Also used her information for the loan application, because it’s her car. Also I just turned 18 this month and have zero credit. She got approved within a couple minutes. Then tesla reached out with this, “Hello Sam, We have been notified that since you are the person on the order agreement you must be on the registration as well. Please note that everyone on the registration must be present at the time of delivery. Used Delivery Team”

I’m fine with being on the registration and being present at delivery. However, they also later said this in an email, “Please also attach a photo of the front and back of your drivers license so we can update the registration and reset the finance application for you to reapply.”

So my question is, if I’m put on the registration and finance as the primary applicant and my mom as the secondary will we still get approved for the loan? Again, my mom got approved almost immediately by herself but I have zero credit.

If you guys don’t think we’ll get reapproved, is there any other solution to convincing tesla to change the order agreement without forfeiting our 500 deposit?

With your mom as second, she is jointly (with you) and severally (by herself) for fulfilling the loan. She is underwriting your loan. That should work. These details are handled by the delivering Tesla store. They will be able to help you, but i think this will work out OK, as long as you and she agree to the loan. It will also be on her credit record that she has this debt of the car, as will you.