Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Give it to me straight, how screwed am I? BMS_a170 & BMS_a027

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We got this alert today, luckily we were close to the house so it was able to make it back home. Have an appointment tomorrow at a Tesla service center but I am not keen on driving it there and would really rather not take a trip with the tow truck driver. Tesla service chat is what it is and didn’t give me a straight answer before closing so I’ll have to see if they get back to me in the morning.

2018 M3LR with 88k miles, both drive unit and HV battery are under warranty. Tesla replaced the 12v battery in September 2023. Not sure what else could go wrong other than the battery or drive motor.

well atleast its still covered (assuming ur purchase date), better now than later. Also its like having a new engine replaced, good comfort!
Yeah exactly! Still have ~2 years left on the warranty. Now the battery needs to fail in the next 25 months lol.

The loaner they gave me has FSD and acceleration boost, I have half a mind to ask if they’ll skip the repairs and apply that toward trade in value….

• Funny
Reactions: vickh