Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going away for holidays guidance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Evening folks!

We will be heading on holiday soon for two weeks and I have a plan below and was just looking to seek advice on what your thoughts are.

So looking to leave the MY RWD at home plugged into the wall charger with sentry on which takes around 4% off the batter per day! Got pin to drive enabled for extra security as always!

Got it on scheduled charge which starts at midnight.

Not sure if leaving it plugged in is dangerous or anything but since this is the 2023 model Y I’m guessing it’s ok to stay plugged in and let charge each night from 95% to 100% ?

Leaving it plugged in is fine. The plan was perfect right up to the last line. Even if its an LFP i still would not suggest just letting it sit between 95 to 100 for week long periods. I know Tesla say to charge to 100% but that is for BMS calibration. Not good to leave there for weeks. Personally i would go 70% but anything is better than 100

Leaving it plugged in is fine. The plan was perfect right up to the last line. Even if its an LFP i still would not suggest just letting it sit between 95 to 100 for week long periods. I know Tesla say to charge to 100% but that is for BMS calibration. Not good to leave there for weeks. Personally i would go 70% but anything is better than 100
Good idea, I will let it drop to 70 to 60% after a few days taking off the scheduled charge

I WONDER what did you do with previous car which didn't have Sentry?!

Just charge car and leave with Sentry disabled. If you will not touch your app (which wakes the car every time you open it), then it will lose kess that 10% in 2 weeks