Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Going to Crescent City, Crescent City here I come...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On July 4th, Crescent City, CA holds its annual Independence Day parade and fair. This year the Redwood Coast Energy Authority (RCEA) is joining in with an EV display, and yours truly will be participating, bringing my model X to the event, and spending the day talking EVs to folks who stop by the booth and who want to know more about the cars. I had a great time doing this a couple of years ago in Eureka, CA, and now that I'm part of RCEA's EV enthusiast advisory group, I thought I'd do it again. Drop by if you are in the area (a couple of blocks from the supercharger on Front St.) This did push me to do a thorough detailing of the car, so there is one benefit already! Here is Dona Bella in our yard with future wood stacking evident.
fullsizeoutput_6542.jpeg

Reactions: ThisIsTrue
Just returned from Crescent City. I enjoyed the small town parade with fire trucks, floats, marching bands, people throwing candy to kids on the sidewalks, etc. Oh, and I spoke with hundreds of people about Tesla, and hundreds of people climbed into and through the car, loved the panoramic view, enjoyed the fwd being closed over them, and the young people (pre-teens and teens) loved the car and wanted one. Main questions were range, charging times, cost. I thoroughly enjoyed myself - scenes I'll remember - a group of 6 or 7 young teenage girls taking over the car, finding the music they liked, and rocking out in the car. A group of 6 or 7 pre-teen and teenage boys finding the music they liked and bouncing in the car as they sang along. Innumerable oldsters (like me) being amazed that the car could tow. It was a good time.

Reactions: P85_DA
Excellent! I lived in Arcata for years, and have been trying to get up there in my S, but haven't had the time during my several trips to Calif so far (in Colorado now). Would love to drive 101 through the redwoods with the sun roof open. :)
The event today was based about a block from the Crescent City superchargers which I'm sure you will visit on your trip. I drove up this morning on the Newton P. Drury scenic parkway (which parallels Hwy 101 for 7 miles through the Prairie Creek Redwoods state park) and loved the breathtaking views of the redwood giants in the park. Stopping at the pullouts on the parkway and walking for 5 minutes brings you back like 100 million years. Have a wonderful trip when you make it back here!

• Love
Reactions: ThisIsTrue