Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gold canyon,az

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. Does anyone here live in gold canyon as? I’ll be traveling down to help with a family situation end of sept early oct. looking to be able to charge one or two times. Willing to pay for what I use. Just do t want to leave my out of town car at a plug for hours.

my mom lives in peralta canyon and also fam in Montessa

Bring your cable and charge at 110 V worst case. It adds up faster than one thinks. From which direction will you be coming? I'm guessing from the West. There are a handful of free 220 V chargers in chandler and tempe if you are going to be spending time there during your travels with your mom. I don't know what L2s are available in Gold Canyon.

Last edited:
I will be bringing my UMC with me. But 1-2 miles per hour will take about two days to charge my car back up to 90%. I know there are l2’s because of PlugShare. I was hoping someone in my moms area might be willing to let me plug in for a few hours (at my cost) while maybe they’re at work or something like that.

I will be bringing my UMC with me. But 1-2 miles per hour will take about two days to charge my car back up to 90%. I know there are l2’s because of PlugShare. I was hoping someone in my moms area might be willing to let me plug in for a few hours (at my cost) while maybe they’re at work or something like that.
I bought an old style clothes dryer plug when I would go to a camp in Payson because their clothes dryers were 220. Chances are your mom has a clothes dryer with either the new style or the old style. That would solve your problem I do believe. Just have her take a picture of the plug. The old style plugs might take a couple of days to arrive if you buy on-line. I don't know how common they are to be stocked in stores. Then again, if she has the newer style, you probably have that adapter already

• Informative
Reactions: X-pilot
Hi all. Does anyone here live in gold canyon as? I’ll be traveling down to help with a family situation end of sept early oct. looking to be able to charge one or two times. Willing to pay for what I use. Just do t want to leave my out of town car at a plug for hours.

my mom lives in peralta canyon and also fam in Montessa

Screenshot of Level 2 chargers near there. You can find at Chargepoint.com

Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 10.53.01 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 10.53.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 10.53.01 AM.png
    499.8 KB · Views: 41
  • Informative
Screenshot of Level 2 chargers near there. You can find at Chargepoint.com

View attachment 584368
Thanks! I’ve already scouted our PlugShare. I know on my moms street alone there are at least two Tesla’s. I was hoping one of them might be here on the forums. Those places look close by but it’s along a 60mph Highway. So not somewhere I can easily walk to/from. Guess I should have been more specific.

mom looking for a member to allow me to use their nema 14-50 outlet or Tesla charger in peralta canyon or Montessa

Reactions: tmoz
Is there no way you can get access to a 14-50 or 14-30 at one of the houses? If you or a family member is comfortable with electrical work, you could even temporary tap into an outdoor A/C disconnect and wire it into whatever plug you have for your UMC (6-20 would be easiest and cheapest and 12awg extension cords are readily available). It goes without saying that you couldn't run the A/C at the same time, which could be a wee issue in Arizona.

Is there no way you can get access to a 14-50 or 14-30 at one of the houses? If you or a family member is comfortable with electrical work, you could even temporary tap into an outdoor A/C disconnect and wire it into whatever plug you have for your UMC (6-20 would be easiest and cheapest and 12awg extension cords are readily available). It goes without saying that you couldn't run the A/C at the same time, which could be a wee issue in Arizona.

we did our own 14-50 at home but my moms house is brand spanking new. In fact they’re still doing installs on stuff. So I can’t very well do anything to her panel or I void their two year roof to concrete warranty (as I’m not an electrician) I’ll figure something out. I CAN use the 110 and just trickle. I just know that people are going to want to go for some launches. They aren’t quite as fun when soc is low.

Just look for a Tesla when you are there and ask nicely.

if they are still working on the house, maybe they could add an outlet for a small fee.

back when I lived in AZ, most of the breaker boxes I saw were outdoors and near the front. They ran the power next to the street underground.

It wouldn’t be to hard or expensive to add a 14-50 (or 14-30 or 6-20) right under the power breaker box and reach it from the drive or with a short extension cord.

Totally get this. And I kick myself every time I think about it. When she signed all the papers I’d flown down and she asked me if I wanted a nema for my Tesla and I was like. No I’ll never drive down I’ll fly. Then covid hit. And I’m compromised so can’t fly. It’ll work out.