Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good day to have a Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But every EV you can turn on the AC remotely. Even the Prius can do that. Doesn’t have to be Tesla.

While this maybe true, it is not as easy (or as cheap) with other cars. I still have ICE cars ( which will soon be removed from our garage permanently) and they have "remote start" and "remote AC controls" but I have to pay an annual fee on each of them to the tune of $350/each and the fact that their interface are dated and the cars themselves have dated controls are exactly why Tesla cars in general, have moved the tech needle a notch further ahead. I was lucky enough to have received my Model 3 before July 1st so I can enjoy "free" LTE service for another 3 or 4 years before I become an annual subscriber to the service - which is, again, lightyears ahead of the competition, if there was even a competition.

Was 114 in Pasadena on Friday, and my car never went over 100 degrees thanks to Cabin Overheat Protection

I feel that without it, it would have been up near 150 inside

I have cabin overheat protection turned on but I don’t think it’s working. I saw it at 109 and never saw the AC vents turn blue in the app under the climate section.

Whether with my Volt or Tesla, I LOVE this feature in hot Texas Summers. One thing folks often overlook about this feature is that the A/C is blowing on the seats so when you get in the car, not only is the air in the car cooler, BUT the seat you are sitting on is cooler. Even if your car has awesome A/C, if it isn't running BEFORE you get in a car then the second you sit down your body traps the heat in the seat (hello sweaty back). This is also why I like to turn it on for a few minutes prior to departure as opposed to just enabling it as I am walking to the car.
Now, if I could only REMEMBER to do it every time! I will admit to hanging out inside somewhere for an extra couple of minutes to give the car more time to cool.