Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good Deal? LR AWD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Asked other people and was told it should be around $42K because you can buy one with FSD for $49K.

BUY THAT ONE! That Tesla store is giving a GREAT deal. The current cost if you ordered from Tesla.com would be $51,490 for a long range AWD, black/black, with 19s and just standard autopilot. If you got FSD it would be $58,490! That location is knocking $9,490 off it if they’ll sell it for $49k! Even if it was a show room car with a few thousand miles on it that would be a fantastic price since you get the full warranty and everything!

For the used car at $44k it’s still a pretty decent deal. That’s $7,490 off the price of a new one... and you would also pay $1200 delivery/doc fee if you bought new so really a savings of $8,690 for only having ~4600 miles!

Is this a private party sale, or from Tesla?

The $49K with FSD is used as well (15k miles). Not new.

Both are private party sales.

I don’t have a desire for FSD at the moment. And can always be added.

$44K fits the budget a bit better also. But didn’t know if that’s high, low, or good. Fairly new to Tesla used car pricing.

BUY THAT ONE! That Tesla store is giving a GREAT deal. The current cost if you ordered from Tesla.com would be $51,490 for a long range AWD, black/black, with 19s and just standard autopilot. If you got FSD it would be $58,490! That location is knocking $9,490 off it if they’ll sell it for $49k! Even if it was a show room car with a few thousand miles on it that would be a fantastic price since you get the full warranty and everything!

For the used car at $44k it’s still a pretty decent deal. That’s $7,490 off the price of a new one... and you would also pay $1200 delivery/doc fee if you bought new so really a savings of $8,690 for only having ~4600 miles!

Is this a private party sale, or from Tesla?

I'd say it's a good deal if you wanted a black/black car with 19" wheels. But you are really only saving about $6K off the price of a brand new one. If it was in California you would lose the $2K state rebate buying used. I'm not sure where Xenia is.

I'd say it's a good deal if you wanted a black/black car with 19" wheels. But you are really only saving about $6K off the price of a brand new one. If it was in California you would lose the $2K state rebate buying used. I'm not sure where Xenia is.

Ohio - A state with no incentive on EV’s.
It’s about $8,690 from the original purchase price to the proposed sale price. And then $500 in tax differential— so about $9,200 in savings vs. new — the car is 6 months old. July 2019 Production and Delivery.

The $49K with FSD is used as well (15k miles). Not new.

Both are private party sales.

I don’t have a desire for FSD at the moment. And can always be added.

$44K fits the budget a bit better also. But didn’t know if that’s high, low, or good. Fairly new to Tesla used car pricing.

I would still say that’s a pretty good price for the $44k. A little less better since it’s not from Tesla, but as long as it’s cleaned up well and looks good, I think that’s a worth while price. That’s still about almost a $9k discount off brand new... or about $2/mile. Tesla tends to be a little higher... until just recently where I’ve seen some great deals pop up on pre-owned direct from Tesla. They usually post them about 4pm pacific time and they’re often gone within half an hour. https://ev-cpo.com/ Can be a great resource to see Tesla direct used cars... (note you’ll pay to transfer the car to you if you’re not near it)

Ohio - A state with no incentive on EV’s.
It’s about $8,690 from the original purchase price to the proposed sale price. And then $500 in tax differential— so about $9,200 in savings vs. new — the car is 6 months old. July 2019 Production and Delivery.

So it depends how you value the black paint and 19" wheels. Personally I would prefer a white car with 18" wheels. The white is easier to keep clean and the 18" wheels will get better range and be more comfortable to drive. So for me I would say the perfect car would be the White/black AWD with 18" aeros for $48,990 (new) plus destination fee. But if you would normally pay the extra fees for the black paint and 19" wheels it's worth more to you.

So if I could buy a brand new one for $50K versus a used one for $44K, I would personally go for the new one. I'd rather be the first driver, have the full warranty, and know the history. But I do think it's a very fair price given how crazy the used Model 3 market has been.

This has been a good website too. Seems to update quicker than EV-CPO.

TeslaCPO.io - Search Tesla's Vehicle Inventory

I would still say that’s a pretty good price for the $44k. A little less better since it’s not from Tesla, but as long as it’s cleaned up well and looks good, I think that’s a worth while price. That’s still about almost a $9k discount off brand new... or about $2/mile. Tesla tends to be a little higher... until just recently where I’ve seen some great deals pop up on pre-owned direct from Tesla. They usually post them about 4pm pacific time and they’re often gone within half an hour. https://ev-cpo.com/ Can be a great resource to see Tesla direct used cars... (note you’ll pay to transfer the car to you if you’re not near it)

So it depends how you value the black paint and 19" wheels. Personally I would prefer a white car with 18" wheels. The white is easier to keep clean and the 18" wheels will get better range and be more comfortable to drive. So for me I would say the perfect car would be the White/black AWD with 18" aeros for $48,990 (new) plus destination fee. But if you would normally pay the extra fees for the black paint and 19" wheels it's worth more to you.

So if I could buy a brand new one for $50K versus a used one for $44K, I would personally go for the new one. I'd rather be the first driver, have the full warranty, and know the history. But I do think it's a very fair price given how crazy the used Model 3 market has been.

Appreciate the feedback.