Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good Deal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
February 2016 means this is pre-refresh AP1. Those older 90 kWh packs have excessive degradation. Would suggest a P85D instead.

I started out looking for a 85D, then thought at 90D would be better range. Then saw a couple P90DL for not much more and now I'm in P90DL search. I've seen a couple mentions about older 90kwh batteries. Does that apply to all 90s or just P90DL? Is 85kwh better route? Thanks!

I started out looking for a 85D, then thought at 90D would be better range. Then saw a couple P90DL for not much more and now I'm in P90DL search. I've seen a couple mentions about older 90kwh batteries. Does that apply to all 90s or just P90DL? Is 85kwh better route? Thanks!

There have been multiple revisions of the 90 kWh battery. But an early 2016 is gonna have one of the earliest and worst versions, meaning it might actually have less range than a 2015 85 kWh pack, all else being equal.

There have been multiple revisions of the 90 kWh battery. But an early 2016 is gonna have one of the earliest and worst versions, meaning it might actually have less range than a 2015 85 kWh pack, all else being equal.

Thank you! Is there a month/year for the battery designation? I'm looking on tesla/used which basically means I'm flying blind. The P90DL I missed out on was an 8/15, so likely early battery.

Now I'm looking at an 11/15 P85D, but it's also like $10k more than 85Ds were a couple weeks ago.

Thank you! Is there a month/year for the battery designation? I'm looking on tesla/used which basically means I'm flying blind. The P90DL I missed out on was an 8/15, so likely early battery.

Now I'm looking at an 11/15 P85D, but it's also like $10k more than 85Ds were a couple weeks ago.

There are some other threads on this forum with info on how to figure out which battery version a car has but unfortunately it requires direct visualization. Don’t worry if you miss out on a deal now. The longer you wait the better pricing you’ll get. The recent price drops and increased range on new cars will likely push the used car prices down more.

There are some other threads on this forum with info on how to figure out which battery version a car has but unfortunately it requires direct visualization. Don’t worry if you miss out on a deal now. The longer you wait the better pricing you’ll get. The recent price drops and increased range on new cars will likely push the used car prices down more.

Sadly there's no visualization with tesla.com/used. I've also been operating under the assumption that they're depreciating assets, but with the lack of inventory they seem to be appreciating. At least this new info about early 90 batteries makes me feel better about missing out on that P90DL.

90 Batt versions

1063792-00-A: V1

1071394-00-A: V2

1088792-00-A: V3

U want the last one :eek:;)

• Informative
Reactions: commasign