Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Good source to buy and install winter tires and aftermarket rim for model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

My new model 3 SR+ rwd is scheduled for delivery end of this month. It will come with summer tire on 18 inch aero rim . So I need a set of winter tire.

My plan is to swap out summer tire on the stock 18 inch aero rim for winter tire. Then purchase aftermarket rim for the summer tire.

I am located in Greater Toronto area. Who would you guys recommend to do the job at reasonable price?

Hello all,

My new model 3 SR+ rwd is scheduled for delivery end of this month. It will come with summer tire on 18 inch aero rim . So I need a set of winter tire.

My plan is to swap out summer tire on the stock 18 inch aero rim for winter tire. Then purchase aftermarket rim for the summer tire.

I am located in Greater Toronto area. Who would you guys recommend to do the job at reasonable price?
A quick search on this Canada forum will give you lots of ideas.

Hello all,

That's my plan as well. There are lots of thread, but it would be great if someone can share any recent promotions on winter tires, as they change so often is difficult to know what's the latest and "best" option.

I'm looking at either Nokian Hakkapelitta R3 or Michelin x-ice xi3.

Hi guys, new member here, will be taking delivery this Saturday.

bad news to owners still looking for winter tires for M3, Kal tire currently do not have anything in stock for M3. I called several stores today and they said Nokians are all out across Ontario.

where else can I get Nokia’s Hakka 3?

Hi guys, new member here, will be taking delivery this Saturday.

bad news to owners still looking for winter tires for M3, Kal tire currently do not have anything in stock for M3. I called several stores today and they said Nokians are all out across Ontario.

where else can I get Nokia’s Hakka 3?

Where are you located?

I called Kal Tire in Newmarket location. They said that it will take one or two days to deliver Hakka R3 once I go in to pay the deposite.

We drove to Calgary (in my BMW) and picked up a set of standard Aero rims and pressure sensors. Took about a month to arrive after we ordered. IIRC it was about $1300 or so, but are the stock rims for the Model 3. We thought about aftermarket but saw a comment on one site that one company's aftermarkets would rub when the front wheels turned too far. I don't know how much less aftermarket rims can be, but what the heck, this car's already cost $C80,000 what's a bit more? This isn't our 10-year-old Camry Hybrid where a set of stamped steel plain black winter rims would do. (Also, then we can still use the Aero hubcaps for extra efficiency on long trips, regardless of the season.)

We drove to Calgary (in my BMW) and picked up a set of standard Aero rims and pressure sensors. Took about a month to arrive after we ordered. IIRC it was about $1300 or so, but are the stock rims for the Model 3. We thought about aftermarket but saw a comment on one site that one company's aftermarkets would rub when the front wheels turned too far. I don't know how much less aftermarket rims can be, but what the heck, this car's already cost $C80,000 what's a bit more? This isn't our 10-year-old Camry Hybrid where a set of stamped steel plain black winter rims would do. (Also, then we can still use the Aero hubcaps for extra efficiency on long trips, regardless of the season.)

I'm from Kingston, called locally and two stores in Toronto, apparently they lied to me, the dude answered phone said every store in Ontario is out of stock on Nokian Hakka R3.
Thanks for letting me know, thou.