Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got 2019.8.5 tonight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just tested the NOA (Auto lane change) in Toronto traffic and it failed the first lane change. Couldn't find a spot. I think it will probably be ok in light traffic, but in moderate to heavy traffic it's just not going to 'find space' the same way a human driver is able to at this point.

I just tested the NOA (Auto lane change) in Toronto traffic and it failed the first lane change. Couldn't find a spot. I think it will probably be ok in light traffic, but in moderate to heavy traffic it's just not going to 'find space' the same way a human driver is able to at this point.

What was your lane changing choice? Mad Max? And your distance requirement in Autopilot (1-7)? I suspect that Mild lane changing options and a distance setting of 5 or more would reduce the car’s ability to change lane by itself in high traffic.

I tried it this morning as well. with my driver profile set, I put the M3 in reverse and the mirrors tilt down. If i try to change the mirror setting, The profile up top changes to save these changes, meaning it changes my drivers profile, which i dont want it doing.

We can create a new reverse profile, but i suspect with the car being in reverse, the mirror tilt will take precedence and wont work

I tried it this morning as well. with my driver profile set, I put the M3 in reverse and the mirrors tilt down. If i try to change the mirror setting, The profile up top changes to save these changes, meaning it changes my drivers profile, which i dont want it doing.

We can create a new reverse profile, but i suspect with the car being in reverse, the mirror tilt will take precedence and wont work
Your driver profile change will only affect the mirrors in reverse if that is what you changed before you save

Just got 2019.8.5 with improved NOA. Tried it out on I-93 & I-89. I like it. It passes slower vehicles smoothly and moves out of the passing lane after a short time. I’m feeling sad, however. My wife who was with me said she prefers the lane changes of NOA over my decisions made without NOA.

NOA did have three “oops” in our 4 hr trip. It failed to exit I-93 to I-89 (it got off but then wanted to get back on. The exit is also an entrance for that interchange.) NOA also wanted to change out of the passing lane when a car was in the way. The change was blocked (red car & lanes) so no movement but just blinker active.

Just got 2019.8.5 with improved NOA. Tried it out on I-93 & I-89. I like it. It passes slower vehicles smoothly and moves out of the passing lane after a short time. I’m feeling sad, however. My wife who was with me said she prefers the lane changes of NOA over my decisions made without NOA.

NOA did have three “oops” in our 4 hr trip. It failed to exit I-93 to I-89 (it got off but then wanted to get back on. The exit is also an entrance for that interchange.) NOA also wanted to change out of the passing lane when a car was in the way. The change was blocked (red car & lanes) so no movement but just blinker active.
I tried mine out for the first time since 2019.8.5 thinking it would be better and at least the first time after the update it was a fail for me, i changed lanes to the number 2 lane from the fast lane with the blinker and no problem, a car was traveling in the fast lane approx. 15 mph faster than me and at the last minute NOA changes into the fast lane making me look like a D@#K and the guy gets on my bumper, flashes his HB and I was like "it wasn't me!" after that kind of stuff makes me think it's still not ready yet.

It did manage to execute 4 lane changes starting about 1 mile before my exit and exited the frwy. but the cutting off the guy hauling ass in the fast lane was enough to make me leery of using it at this point.