Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got clipped by a lost driver [how much will this cost to repair?]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got clipped by a driver today who decided to proceed straight in a left turning lane only. Of course I was in the adjoining lane turning left and she made contact during her incorrect maneuver. She admitted mistake and I had the dashcam clip for insurance who have confirmed other party at fault.
What do you think of repair scope?

Attachments

• 415DA06C-C081-4405-9F2A-05E9C78450B6.jpeg
    415DA06C-C081-4405-9F2A-05E9C78450B6.jpeg
    272.1 KB · Views: 186
  • E4DDC7A0-DCB8-41FF-8D55-592C39FA94BF.png
    E4DDC7A0-DCB8-41FF-8D55-592C39FA94BF.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 136
I'm going to assume blackTS$!@ is being sarcastic. Your bumper needs replacement and the area above the wheel can probably be fixed without replacing that body panel. As for the wheel, if those marks can't be cleaned off you'll need a new one of those. So probably about $3000 to $4000 and a few days in the shop once the parts arrive. The car looks drivable till then.

Reactions: SpeedBird23
If the car is still drivable, get your insurance company on board, choose a repair facility, and take it in for estimate and to order parts. It could be several months just for the parts to arrive. Once the parts are there, the only real holdup would be if they find more internal damage and have to order more parts. Otherwise you're just waiting for the paint to dry...

having the car inspected on Monday. It is obvious that the bumper will need to be replaced and also the tire rims. Tire itself might be ok. My biggest concern is the quarter panel. Hopefully the dents above the wheel can be resolved without requiring a complete tear down with replacement.

What do you think of repair scope?

Does it matter?
Let the insurance companies settle the financial ledgers.
Your job is to find a Tesla-authorized body shop and book an slot as soon as possible. Which may be months from now.
Then insist that you keep possession of the car and keep driving it while you wait for your turn at the shop + parts arrive.

Other than that, the exact list of parts and their prices is irrelevant.

HTH,
a

Update: car repaired. Duration 8 days; cost $3500. Repairs done very well. The body shop even re-installed the charge port door (mind you, this was not affected in the collision but was an issue I had at delivery as it was not sitting flush against the body). Tesla SC could not do anything in their previous two attempts, in fact they had made it worse in their second repair attempt and told me to “live with it”. It is still not completely flush but much better than before. Hopefully no more troubles moving forward!

Reactions: dakhlkt22
I'm going to assume blackTS$!@ is being sarcastic. Your bumper needs replacement and the area above the wheel can probably be fixed without replacing that body panel. As for the wheel, if those marks can't be cleaned off you'll need a new one of those. So probably about $3000 to $4000 and a few days in the shop once the parts arrive. The car looks drivable till then.
Looks like you're the winner (OP says $3500) ;)