Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got hit right after parking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I got hit right after I parked the car on the side of the road and a car backed up and hit the rear end of my car. Is there a way yo pull up that video? I pulled the drive out already and checked the recent and it doesn't show anything... any help would be amazing. Thank you!
20230813_113751.jpg

Have you reviewed the previous threads on similar situations, like these?

And this thread from one of our regular members on how to attempt to recover dashcam footage?

Upvote 0
Too bad you didn't save your footage as soon as it happened by pressing the camera button on the bottom menu.

The car may save footage automatically too but for an incident that you know just happened, best to do it manually too.

Edit: I just read this thread.
Yeah, the accident may be recorded on that drive after all. Nice!

Last edited:
Reactions: ZeMKChen
Upvote 0
Too bad you didn't save your footage as soon as it happened by pressing the camera button on the bottom menu.

The car may save footage automatically too but for an incident that you know just happened, best to do it manually too.

Edit: I just read this thread.
Yeah, the accident may be recorded on that drive after all. Nice!
Yeah, I have never used it so far, but this is why I've made the camera button one of my always-on-screen shortcuts.

Upvote 0
Another option would be to enable the Record On Honk feature. As long as you don't excessively blast the horn (NYC drivers perhaps, or is that just a media stereotype?), then you just have tap the horn when you want to save a recording. Easier to hit and you don't have to take your eyes off the situation to find the icon on the screen (if you have it saved as a favorite) or to search the menus.

Reactions: ZeMKChen
Upvote 0
Another option would be to enable the Record On Honk feature. As long as you don't excessively blast the horn (NYC drivers perhaps, or is that just a media stereotype?), then you just have tap the horn when you want to save a recording. Easier to hit and you don't have to take your eyes off the situation to find the icon on the screen (if you have it saved as a favorite) or to search the menus.
When ever i used the horn it seems to lag and usually it skips part of the video is that normal?

Upvote 0
I've used it a couple of times to save recordings and it worked as I expected. I generally wait about 3-5 seconds after the event I want saved. Haven't needed to use it in many months. I'm also on a fairly old version of software (2022.12.3.2) so I don't know if the feature has changed since that time.

Upvote 0