Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got rear-ended today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was taking my wife out to dinner for her birthday when some crazy lady tried to go around me in a single lane underpass. Of course she gets all apologetic after hitting me, and tried to offer me a Zelle payment so I don't file an insurance claim.

Feeling a bit down because MX is only 3 months old, and this comes 6 months after our MY got rear-ended. Thankfully, it doesn't look like major damage.

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Ouch! Very sorry to hear that. Yes, the rear quarter can be expensive. My previous S, someone backed into my S while parking at the charger port side. The damage was very small over the bumper and charter port. The S was in the shop for a month. Other side paid for the damage and it was $14k.

Reactions: explosive0
Car's in the shop. Ended up using Tesla Collision Center as the Tesla authorized repair shops were too far backed out. Interestingly, the at-fault driver is refusing to give a statement to her insurance company, so the process is being drawn out.

Had a similar hit with someone backing into my M3….they had to cut the rear fender out for a tune of 8.7k dollares. I was sent to Ford collision center certified to work on aluminum. Tesla gave me practically nothing at trade in for my YP.