Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My New MYP on a Lift Today

Vettepartz

Jun 16, 2021
Albuquerque
I got my MYP just over 3 weeks ago and have been happy so far. It had a loose rear spoiler and slight blem in the paint which buffed out. The Tesla mobile tech brought a new spoiler and installed it quickly. So, no major problems.

I have a mechanic friend who owns his own repair shop, and I visited him today so we could install some aftermarket splash guards/mud flaps. We put the car up on a drive on lift because we were both curious to see what things looked like on the bottom. Found 2 bolts that were loose about a quarter inch out on one of the heavy splash plates. Found another threaded hole which we installed a bolt into. Also, there were 3 plastic push-pins missing, so we put some of those in. Everything else looked pretty good on the bottom. I have heard stories of Teslas being made near the end of a time quarter having QC problems, and I guess that attributes to the small shortcomings on my new car. Overall, the car is a blast to drive after I got new 19" wheels and tires.

Reactions: GeezerSquid

Marcust99

Apr 17, 2021
Phoenix, AZ
I got my MYP just over 3 weeks ago and have been happy so far. It had a loose rear spoiler and slight blem in the paint which buffed out. The Tesla mobile tech brought a new spoiler and installed it quickly. So, no major problems.

I have a mechanic friend who owns his own repair shop, and I visited him today so we could install some aftermarket splash guards/mud flaps. We put the car up on a drive on lift because we were both curious to see what things looked like on the bottom. Found 2 bolts that were loose about a quarter inch out on one of the heavy splash plates. Found another threaded hole which we installed a bolt into. Also, there were 3 plastic push-pins missing, so we put some of those in. Everything else looked pretty good on the bottom. I have heard stories of Teslas being made near the end of a time quarter having QC problems, and I guess that attributes to the small shortcomings on my new car. Overall, the car is a blast to drive after I got new 19" wheels and tires.

Any pics to share?

Reactions: srlawren

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC