Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got My New MYP on a Lift Today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my MYP just over 3 weeks ago and have been happy so far. It had a loose rear spoiler and slight blem in the paint which buffed out. The Tesla mobile tech brought a new spoiler and installed it quickly. So, no major problems.

I have a mechanic friend who owns his own repair shop, and I visited him today so we could install some aftermarket splash guards/mud flaps. We put the car up on a drive on lift because we were both curious to see what things looked like on the bottom. Found 2 bolts that were loose about a quarter inch out on one of the heavy splash plates. Found another threaded hole which we installed a bolt into. Also, there were 3 plastic push-pins missing, so we put some of those in. Everything else looked pretty good on the bottom. I have heard stories of Teslas being made near the end of a time quarter having QC problems, and I guess that attributes to the small shortcomings on my new car. Overall, the car is a blast to drive after I got new 19" wheels and tires.

Reactions: GeezerSquid
I got my MYP just over 3 weeks ago and have been happy so far. It had a loose rear spoiler and slight blem in the paint which buffed out. The Tesla mobile tech brought a new spoiler and installed it quickly. So, no major problems.

I have a mechanic friend who owns his own repair shop, and I visited him today so we could install some aftermarket splash guards/mud flaps. We put the car up on a drive on lift because we were both curious to see what things looked like on the bottom. Found 2 bolts that were loose about a quarter inch out on one of the heavy splash plates. Found another threaded hole which we installed a bolt into. Also, there were 3 plastic push-pins missing, so we put some of those in. Everything else looked pretty good on the bottom. I have heard stories of Teslas being made near the end of a time quarter having QC problems, and I guess that attributes to the small shortcomings on my new car. Overall, the car is a blast to drive after I got new 19" wheels and tires.

Any pics to share?

Reactions: angus[Y]oung