Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New MYP Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PMG1

Supporting Member
Jul 28, 2023
USA
IMG_9835.jpeg

Hello! Excuse us from the get go as I’m not sure if I’m in the right spot to post but here goes. Big car family and a pretty passionate Porsche family. We love all cars and recently my wife who was waiting on her new Cayenne said “let’s go look at the Tesla again”. Well….we ordered and received her car. At 6 miles we immediately took it and had the fit/finish inspected and these guys see hundreds of Teslas and honestly gave it a 98% pass rate? How they come up with that number I’m not sure but we did some research and we’re cautiously optimistic that the car would deliver correct. We had it paint corrected (which removed the 2-
%) PPF film installed, had window tint to match rear windows and he installed a light windshield tint which I was against but we love it. Not too dark at all makes it pleasant to drive. Topped off with ceramic coating over the whole car and film.

We returned home and charged it slowly to 90% and 2 days later headed for vacation home in Destin. Drove 150 miles to SC stop one and 22 minutes we headed on to SC Stop 2 and 23 minutes later we drove on in. Everything was flawless and the 7 hour trip was consumed by setting up and studying the car.

Actually we did make a stop at the store to get some food for the weekend and there was a SC so we charged for 15 minutes while we were inside.

Question…on the last leg the headlights came on, screen went into dark mode as normal and all was good. Then we got a notification that the passenger side A pillar camera was disabled and was trying to recalibrate? I believe it said something like debris maybe covering it? Then a few minutes later we noticed the AC was blowing warmer air and the fan was slowing down??? We thought oh heck here we go. 450 miles and this.

We get home, unpack and I’m all over the internet looking for an answer. It did come back but not like it had performed the whole trip? I read about resetting the system by holding the 2 buttons on the steering wheel down and refreshing the system? Put it on the charger for the night and this morning I took it to wash and it’s back perfect again????

Ok pros just a new car trying to settle in? Did I do something wrong? Thinking about it too much?? Or need to have checked out? Sorry for the long message but I’m like a kid with a new toy with this thing. It is a cool car and we think we will keep this for a few years. Thank you all we look forward to reading/learning more info from this site.

View attachment 967976
Hello! Excuse us from the get go as I’m not sure if I’m in the right spot to post but here goes. Big car family and a pretty passionate Porsche family. We love all cars and recently my wife who was waiting on her new Cayenne said “let’s go look at the Tesla again”. Well….we ordered and received her car. At 6 miles we immediately took it and had the fit/finish inspected and these guys see hundreds of Teslas and honestly gave it a 98% pass rate? How they come up with that number I’m not sure but we did some research and we’re cautiously optimistic that the car would deliver correct. We had it paint corrected (which removed the 2-
%) PPF film installed, had window tint to match rear windows and he installed a light windshield tint which I was against but we love it. Not too dark at all makes it pleasant to drive. Topped off with ceramic coating over the whole car and film.

We returned home and charged it slowly to 90% and 2 days later headed for vacation home in Destin. Drove 150 miles to SC stop one and 22 minutes we headed on to SC Stop 2 and 23 minutes later we drove on in. Everything was flawless and the 7 hour trip was consumed by setting up and studying the car.

Actually we did make a stop at the store to get some food for the weekend and there was a SC so we charged for 15 minutes while we were inside.

Question…on the last leg the headlights came on, screen went into dark mode as normal and all was good. Then we got a notification that the passenger side A pillar camera was disabled and was trying to recalibrate? I believe it said something like debris maybe covering it? Then a few minutes later we noticed the AC was blowing warmer air and the fan was slowing down??? We thought oh heck here we go. 450 miles and this.

We get home, unpack and I’m all over the internet looking for an answer. It did come back but not like it had performed the whole trip? I read about resetting the system by holding the 2 buttons on the steering wheel down and refreshing the system? Put it on the charger for the night and this morning I took it to wash and it’s back perfect again????

Ok pros just a new car trying to settle in? Did I do something wrong? Thinking about it too much?? Or need to have checked out? Sorry for the long message but I’m like a kid with a new toy with this thing. It is a cool car and we think we will keep this for a few years. Thank you all we look forward to reading/learning more info from this site.

You didn't do anything wrong.

You were right to reset the car to see if that would fix the problems.

If problems still exist then it’s time for service center.

Upvote 0
For the pillar camera, you might want to check out the pillar itself.

When I picked up my MYP, I noticed there was a small strip of protective plastic from transit still on it. I decided to leave it on, but the car would give me the same message every so often.

When I had mobile service come to to install home link about a week later, the guy decided to peel it off… so oh well. There’s no more such messages.

Reactions: PMG1
Upvote 0
You need to keep the windshield (especially where the forward cameras are located) and side pillars clean, else the camera view may be blocked/degraded and Autopilot, etc. may be disabled.

Climate Control - Set to Auto and your preferred temperature. In warmer weather or winter temperatures below 32F turn on the Recirculate Cabin Air setting so the HVAC does not have to work as hard to cool or heat the passenger cabin. Note that in the Auto setting the fan speed control adjustments (Lo/Med/Hi) function as speed limiters. Set the fan speed control to Med or Hi, else the fan speed may be too slow to effectively control the temperature of the passenger cabin. (In the manual setting mode the fan speed control enables setting a fixed fan speed from 1 to 10.)

• Informative
Reactions: Thp3 and PMG1
Upvote 0