Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got my PPF done. Was it done right?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You're dealing with a good shop and you're an ideal customer. The shop should strive to make you a repeat customer that'll recommend you to others.

I am a little hesitant to bad mouth him since he’s been willing to address the issues. I really was mostly curious to see if anyone else had encountered an issue with the PPF peeling on certain areas. Where in NJ are you? I’m in northern NJ. If you were seriously looking up near my area I might be willing to give you the name privately. I’ve always been of the mindset that sometimes you have a bad experience with a product or a service provider and that’s not as important as how the person or company responds to your issue. If they are willing to make good and treat you with respect and try to make you a “happy” customer then that goes a long way.

I am a little hesitant to bad mouth him since he’s been willing to address the issues. I really was mostly curious to see if anyone else had encountered an issue with the PPF peeling on certain areas. Where in NJ are you? I’m in northern NJ. If you were seriously looking up near my area I might be willing to give you the name privately. I’ve always been of the mindset that sometimes you have a bad experience with a product or a service provider and that’s not as important as how the person or company responds to your issue. If they are willing to make good and treat you with respect and try to make you a “happy” customer then that goes a long way.
Sure, please PM me the installers information. I only ask because I’ll be getting my PPF as soon as I take delivery. I use a detailer in North Jersey who does all my PPFs, including my wife’s M3 so just curious if this is an installer issue or something else.

Really depends what you paid and what type of service you agreed on. Most PPF shops will have pre-cut and hand cut options. pre-cuts are much easier to install and doesn’t require much disassemble of the vehicle. Quite cheaper too compare to hand cut.