Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Got transferred for work & will def go over mileage with new commute

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello! I leased a new 2024 3 and then got relocated to a new city for work right after. My new commute is much farther and I will be going over my 15k a year. Does anyone know if I have any options here like upping my yearly mileage or possibly buying the vehicle out or transferring it to a financing option from a lease option? Thanks in advance!

Does anyone know if I have any options here like upping my yearly mileage
No idea if you have an option to pre buy more miles, but there really isnt any reason to. Just drive your miles and pay for them at the end, at whatever the agreed upon rate for overages is.
possibly buying the vehicle out or transferring it to a financing option from a lease option?
Neither of those are currently an option. No idea if Tesla will change stance on this but as of right now, there is no lease buyout option for model 3s or Ys and there never has been, actually. At the beginning of model 3 leasing, they did let you sell it to a dealership, so some people worked that loophole, but they removed that during covid times.

Reactions: LobsterLover
Upvote 0