Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS/Navigation is hundreds of miles off

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last night, pulling out of my garage the Homelink wasn't showing up as I was leaving. Didn't realize until later it was because it doesn't think I'm anywhere near home in Portland. It's got me a couple hundred miles away in the middle of nowhere. I did the two-button reset, with no luck, and my wife currently has it at the gym.... still somewhere in the Ochoco National Forest.
Anybody else experience this?
car.jpg

Have you tried fully powering down the car for a few minutes? The 2 finger reset may not fully reboot components related to GPS.

Also, is your time displaying correctly? GPS positioning and time are closely related, even if just a few milliseconds off.

The thing eventually resolved itself about 20 hours later. I had driven to the store and when I returned to the car it was back to normal. I will say the clock was accurate at least to the nearest minute, since that's what google tells you to check. I also didn't fully power down the car.