Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPS not working after departure - also - no music

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all - I have this happen often - I'll back out of the garage after an overnight - and enter a destination and the GPS displays the route but the map doesn't update for 1/2 mile or so. The car knew where it was - it was able to create a route - but - the GPS didn't update the map for quite a while - See photo - I'm easily 2/3ds of a mile from where I started . . .

And - next - again - happens often - I'll get a song I don't like - hit next and it just sits and spins - sometimes for miles and miles and miles - sometimes - the song changes.

Before you tell me its a bad AT&T signal - its not - not after miles and miles in a city like Tucson!

Attachments

• IMG_4924.jpg
    IMG_4924.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 14
I'm not quite sure what you mean by the "GPS didn't update the map", since GPS is simply position. The map data (roads and satellite imagery) comes via the cellular connection. But I'll assume you mean that. They supposedly "fixed" this (the transition from WiFi to cellular), but for me at least, the last update has made things worse. I'm getting some truly strange behavior now like streaming radio stations (TuneIn) playing for 5 seconds, then stopping for 1, then continuing for 5, then stopping for 1. I was able to switch to Slacker and then back to TuneIn to fix it.

They'll tweak it back in a future update, and until then we get to deal with glitchy streaming/data.

Hello all - I have this happen often - I'll back out of the garage after an overnight - and enter a destination and the GPS displays the route but the map doesn't update for 1/2 mile or so. The car knew where it was - it was able to create a route - but - the GPS didn't update the map for quite a while - See photo - I'm easily 2/3ds of a mile from where I started . . .

And - next - again - happens often - I'll get a song I don't like - hit next and it just sits and spins - sometimes for miles and miles and miles - sometimes - the song changes.

Before you tell me its a bad AT&T signal - its not - not after miles and miles in a city like Tucson!
I suspect it could be a number of possible things. First off, are you still in warranty? You didn't specify that. Your mobile module might be to blame and/or your MCU. I would recommend tracking the exact date and time of these occurrence so as to better assist the techs when looking at the logs. When I was having call drops and radio drops I did that to the point of "enough already!" I was issuing a service request each time, to the point that they were eventually able to isolate it to a voltage drop. Replacing my MCU solved the problem since.

Good luck.

I suspect it could be a number of possible things. First off, are you still in warranty? You didn't specify that. Your mobile module might be to blame and/or your MCU. I would recommend tracking the exact date and time of these occurrence so as to better assist the techs when looking at the logs. When I was having call drops and radio drops I did that to the point of "enough already!" I was issuing a service request each time, to the point that they were eventually able to isolate it to a voltage drop. Replacing my MCU solved the problem since.

Good luck.
Thanks - yeah - its got another 3 years in warranty - I'll track times