Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

GPU Hang

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About 5 or so days ago my screen started freezing. Sometimes in random spots (in random shapes as well, usually triangles) and sometimes the entire screen. Other times it would flash like a strobe light. My rear camera has frozen on me in the middle of backing up (thank goodness I didn't crash into my garage). The issue has progressively gotten worse and my speedometer started freezing on me. I put in a ticket and the day before, a tech remotely accessed my 2021 MYLR and informed me he ran diagnostics, it's a GPU Hang and it needs to be resolved with a software update however there's ZERO eta on that and that Tesla is aware and the summa-gun just up and closed my ticket on me! SO, I happened to be by a show room and I walked in and the salesman said OH HECK NO, take it to a different SC. Don't even make a ticket, drive it right there. So I went to a different SC and tech remoted in and voila, he agrees that it's a GPU hang. I was told I'm not the only one experiencing it, there's no ETA on a fix and that's that. So I asked for a loaner until they get it fixed as it's definitely not safe to drive and was told they had none. I pulled my Karen out as I have recently suffered a big injury and have a multitude of doctor appointments I need to be able to attend. So I asked for the manager and 20 mins later out walks the most understanding man. He was honest AND blunt and said it took him so long because he had to call corporate and legal. Turns out my GPU hang isn't common and he didn't know what to do about me. We both agreed driving wasn't safe and he got me into 2018 M3LR. I told him my issue has actually progressively gotten worse as the days have gone on and he mentioned to the tech that Tesla knows about this and they mentioned as much in an internal article.

Now that the backstory is out of the way, has anyone else endured this same issue? Is it common or uncommon like the supervisor said? He actually brought up the lemon law and told me that is why he called legal and I about cried. Our MY is my dream vehicle and my husband and I have worked so hard (just like every other vehicle owner) to have it. I don't want to lemon law my Y however it's not safe. Any insight??

About 5 or so days ago my screen started freezing. Sometimes in random spots (in random shapes as well, usually triangles) and sometimes the entire screen. Other times it would flash like a strobe light. My rear camera has frozen on me in the middle of backing up (thank goodness I didn't crash into my garage). The issue has progressively gotten worse and my speedometer started freezing on me. I put in a ticket and the day before, a tech remotely accessed my 2021 MYLR and informed me he ran diagnostics, it's a GPU Hang and it needs to be resolved with a software update however there's ZERO eta on that and that Tesla is aware and the summa-gun just up and closed my ticket on me! SO, I happened to be by a show room and I walked in and the salesman said OH HECK NO, take it to a different SC. Don't even make a ticket, drive it right there. So I went to a different SC and tech remoted in and voila, he agrees that it's a GPU hang. I was told I'm not the only one experiencing it, there's no ETA on a fix and that's that. So I asked for a loaner until they get it fixed as it's definitely not safe to drive and was told they had none. I pulled my Karen out as I have recently suffered a big injury and have a multitude of doctor appointments I need to be able to attend. So I asked for the manager and 20 mins later out walks the most understanding man. He was honest AND blunt and said it took him so long because he had to call corporate and legal. Turns out my GPU hang isn't common and he didn't know what to do about me. We both agreed driving wasn't safe and he got me into 2018 M3LR. I told him my issue has actually progressively gotten worse as the days have gone on and he mentioned to the tech that Tesla knows about this and they mentioned as much in an internal article.

Now that the backstory is out of the way, has anyone else endured this same issue? Is it common or uncommon like the supervisor said? He actually brought up the lemon law and told me that is why he called legal and I about cried. Our MY is my dream vehicle and my husband and I have worked so hard (just like every other vehicle owner) to have it. I don't want to lemon law my Y however it's not safe. Any insight??
No insights but I am having the same problem with my new M3lr. I had downloaded the 2022.4.5 software and began having daily outages since then. I am so new to Tesla that I have to figure out how to report the issue without driving 1.5 hrs to the nearest service center