Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

great delivery experience, but horrible service issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my CPO less than a month ago, since then my car was at the SC for about 10 days.
Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with warranty and service overall, but what I keep finding after each service appointment is just horrible.
Did my motor replacement, door handles, screen replacement etc and found dirty headliner, a huge scratch on my front passenger side window, dirty fingerprints all over the interior and paint, loose screen that rattles, messed up driver profile .... Took my car back two days later, they told me it happens and that scratch could be something I did.... oh well, i get it, it is kinda "wear and tear" and replacement doesn't cost much, plus it is not bothering me much.

Took my car for another appointment, to replace my windshiled. Was told they will give me a loaner so car can stay overnight. But then they told me it will just take 3 hours and no loaner or lyft credit. Oh well, I can wait.
They did a great job, everything was good, at 7pm I drove back home and left my car so windshield glue can cure properly (it was raining too), and noticed a huge yellow spot on my front passenger seat.... tried to wipe it off thinking it was dry glue, turned out something is eating through the leather, some kind of chemical.... now I'm afraid that they will not accept it as their fault .... warranty and service is good, but such a sloppy job they do... ..... what should I do? I did make another appointment and told my service advisor about the problem, but no one is responding yet....

I think tesla needs better control over the service, like bad delivery for some wasn't enough, they also making service visits frustrating

Attachments

• IMG_2146.JPG
    IMG_2146.JPG
    230.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0786.JPG
    IMG_0786.JPG
    329.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_6184.JPG
    IMG_6184.JPG
    234.6 KB · Views: 58
  • Funny
Reactions: P85_DA
Sorry to hear you've had these problems. I too had a poor experience with service, both at the SC and recently with mobile service. In both cases I had to bring my car back to fix things that were caused during the original repair or recall. These were things that should have been caught with proper QA.

Obviously it was inconvenient to reschedule and bring the car back to the SC but I'm trying to give grace to the employees who's company is fighting for survival. I want Tesla to win over the negligent incumbents so I'm willing to "fight along side them."

I also noticed a few things that happened during the repairs such as small dents to the MCU frame. These mistakes are harder to forgive so next time I plan to take pictures or video of the car before Tesla does any work - just in case.