Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great figures for energy usage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought I'd share a bit of what I think is good news with you all (for a change!)
Yesterday I went from my home in Midhurst, Sussex up to see my daughter in Wanstead (east London), then on to a meeting in central London (SE1), then back home. It's a trip I've done before and although I know the Tesla (M3 LR AWD) is well able to do it, the lingering 'what if something comes up' paranoia means I charge to 100% before setting out.

So I set out with a nominal range of 295 miles and did a mix of country roads, motorways, dual carriageways and central London roads, driving at the speed limit or there abouts when possible. Got home with a nominal range of 145 and a total driven distance of 161.8 miles. So I'd used 150 miles of nominal range to travel 161.8 miles and logged an average energy use of 220 Wh/mile. If we round that up to say 250Wh/mile of electricity input (to allow for charging losses), thats about 40kWh which on Octopus Go cost a total of £2. Of course, no congestion charge or emission charge. Pretty bloody good?

I thought I'd share a bit of what I think is good news with you all (for a change!)
Yesterday I went from my home in Midhurst, Sussex up to see my daughter in Wanstead (east London), then on to a meeting in central London (SE1), then back home. It's a trip I've done before and although I know the Tesla (M3 LR AWD) is well able to do it, the lingering 'what if something comes up' paranoia means I charge to 100% before setting out.

So I set out with a nominal range of 295 miles and did a mix of country roads, motorways, dual carriageways and central London roads, driving at the speed limit or there abouts when possible. Got home with a nominal range of 145 and a total driven distance of 161.8 miles. So I'd used 150 miles of nominal range to travel 161.8 miles and logged an average energy use of 220 Wh/mile. If we round that up to say 250Wh/mile of electricity input (to allow for charging losses), thats about 40kWh which on Octopus Go cost a total of £2. Of course, no congestion charge or emission charge. Pretty bloody good?
Happy with that!

Just shows what you can get out of it if your stop lead foot syndrome!

Excellent!
I’ve been using chill mode for local journeys and that made a big difference too.
I already had solar panels and my ‘fuel’ costs for the 500 miles since March have been £0.0098 in total.
I’ll have to draw from Octopus go in winter though