Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Great XPEL Customer Service can't go unnoticed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About 2 weeks ago, I got my car tinted with @XPEL and there was a misunderstanding between my installer, his sales rep Chris, and I for the front windshield. Initially, Chris wasn't involved as I had no idea who he was. My installer(Romeo's Window Tinting) was under the impression that the 88% XPEL CS was just as good as the XR because it is a ceramic film just that it's not advertised as such. I wanted XR done all around but the windshield tint of 70% was unavailable the same day, and 88% was assumed similar results as the XR. It just doesn't have as much IR rejection as the XR therefore it was put under the CS. I didn't know, and he didn't know. I went with it but realized it wasn't up to my standards as I was confused I was expecting similar IR rejection from the side windows as I got XR. I talked to my installer, he wasn't sure. I talked to @XPEL team, they didn't know and suggested I deal with this with my installer myself. I went back to my installer and explained that @XPEL support told me all I got was regular CS film. Here's where Chris(XPEL Sales Rep) came involved and he explained the whole thing with 88% XPEL CS film is really a ceramic film just that because of how clear it is, and how it's meant for people who wants a ceramic film but wants it to be CLEAR in the front, they couldn't go darker. They had to put the 88% film under CS or other brands would take jabs at their IR rejection of the 88%. Chris then went on and decided to give me a free upgrade to XPEL XR+ 70% due to all the misunderstanding although I was perfectly fine with wanting what I wanted the first place, XPEL XR 70%. He even went above and beyond and sending me a gift. I can't let this good customer service go unnoticed. I don't think any other window tint brands would go this far for us consumers.

Everyone told me this was my installer's fault but my installer was calm and was honest from the beginning to the end. He never meant to sell me something on purpose and set me aside.

I can't explain how happy I am with how Chris handled this and I appreciate everything he has done to have this corrected. Chris, if you're reading this, I can't thank you enough and now a @XPEL only customer. I used to be all Llumar and only reason why I wanted to test out @XPEL was the PPF is unreal. The customer service is as well!

TL;DR Misunderstanding of window tint film led to becoming a believer of @XPEL as Chris the Sales Rep from @XPEL went above and beyond to correct the issue and made it even better!

Reactions: XPEL and outdoors
About 2 weeks ago, I got my car tinted with @XPEL and there was a misunderstanding between my installer, his sales rep Chris, and I for the front windshield. Initially, Chris wasn't involved as I had no idea who he was. My installer(Romeo's Window Tinting) was under the impression that the 88% XPEL CS was just as good as the XR because it is a ceramic film just that it's not advertised as such. I wanted XR done all around but the windshield tint of 70% was unavailable the same day, and 88% was assumed similar results as the XR. It just doesn't have as much IR rejection as the XR therefore it was put under the CS. I didn't know, and he didn't know. I went with it but realized it wasn't up to my standards as I was confused I was expecting similar IR rejection from the side windows as I got XR. I talked to my installer, he wasn't sure. I talked to @XPEL team, they didn't know and suggested I deal with this with my installer myself. I went back to my installer and explained that @XPEL support told me all I got was regular CS film. Here's where Chris(XPEL Sales Rep) came involved and he explained the whole thing with 88% XPEL CS film is really a ceramic film just that because of how clear it is, and how it's meant for people who wants a ceramic film but wants it to be CLEAR in the front, they couldn't go darker. They had to put the 88% film under CS or other brands would take jabs at their IR rejection of the 88%. Chris then went on and decided to give me a free upgrade to XPEL XR+ 70% due to all the misunderstanding although I was perfectly fine with wanting what I wanted the first place, XPEL XR 70%. He even went above and beyond and sending me a gift. I can't let this good customer service go unnoticed. I don't think any other window tint brands would go this far for us consumers.

Everyone told me this was my installer's fault but my installer was calm and was honest from the beginning to the end. He never meant to sell me something on purpose and set me aside.

I can't explain how happy I am with how Chris handled this and I appreciate everything he has done to have this corrected. Chris, if you're reading this, I can't thank you enough and now a @XPEL only customer. I used to be all Llumar and only reason why I wanted to test out @XPEL was the PPF is unreal. The customer service is as well!

TL;DR Misunderstanding of window tint film led to becoming a believer of @XPEL as Chris the Sales Rep from @XPEL went above and beyond to correct the issue and made it even better!

Thank you very much for the kind words and the feedback. Don't hesitate to reach out should you ever have any questions or need anything. #teamXPEL

So I assume you have the XR Plus now on all windows (sides, front, rear, and roof glass)? How’s the heat rejection? On a hot sunny day (like 90F + day) what does your interior temp get up to if the car is parked for like 30 minutes?

So I assume you have the XR Plus now on all windows (sides, front, rear, and roof glass)? How’s the heat rejection? On a hot sunny day (like 90F + day) what does your interior temp get up to if the car is parked for like 30 minutes?
XR still on sides and back rear windshield. XR plus now on front windshield. On a 90F day if I’m parked, it’ll still be hot when you get in. You can’t really avoid this as it’s been baking in the sun. But when your driving and the sun beams at you, you feel literally little to no heat. The car also cools down really fast.

Reactions: XPEL