Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Green number plates on non-BEV'S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
UK classification is based on the official WLTP CO2 emissions rating. A PHEV will have a very low CO2 rating but it won’t be zero. Only zero rated vehicles qualify for a green stripe number plate, which today are BEV and HFCVs.

Why officially they always feel need to word things ridiculously more complex than it needs to be is beyond me.

the plate manufacturers aren't checking closely enough.
Plate manufacturers don't need to check at all. You tick the box that says "show plates" and don't have to go through that faff in Halfords of showing your V5. Hence the rash of "4D" plates and egregious mis-spacing, all because they changed the regs because of a largely mythical cloning problem...

As a wise engineer once said "the more they overthink the plumbing, the easier it is to stop up the drain"

I recently heard that hybrid vehicles didn’t need an emissions test as part of MOT either. I haven’t checked but it surprised me. Part of that conversation was that was how some JLR vehicles will manage to pass their MOT’s.
Hybrid vehicles don't have an emissions test within the MOT. I believe it is because they don't have the equipment/knowledge to put the vehicle into the special mode required to keep the engine running.

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
IMG_3179.jpg
definitely not a bev/phoebe/hybrid, not sure what the point is aside from maybe middle finger to electric drivers?