TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Grey seats Available Mid 2017?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by McHoffa, Aug 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. McHoffa

McHoffa Member

So I got an email about the new 2 year lease. I thought I'd configure one for the fun of it (I'm still waiting for my Model 3)

No matter which options I choose with the grey next gen seats, it says "Available Mid 2017" at the bottom of the pricing box

Is this a typo or glitch in the order screen, or did they temporarily discontinue that color? Maybe making room for the white vegan leather?

[​IMG]

2. xav-

xav- Member

I think it's real. It was saying January 2017 a month ago.

I too wanted those grey seats if I bought the car. Black is out of option due to the heat here, that lives only tan. I don't think tan goes along every exterior color.

3. theslimshadyist

theslimshadyist NashVegas!

There's huge demand for the grey seats thus creating a significant backlog.

4. McHoffa

McHoffa Member

Crazy. You'd think they'd increase production or offer white to lighten demand on grey. Those are the only two colors I'd want.