Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guesses on "token of appreciation" for line waiters tweeted by Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
s-l500.jpg

Perfect for Model X.​

View media item 114960I'm printing up a wall hanging model 3 as we speak. Mocked it up in fusion 360 yesterday and kicked of a test print in abs on the taz4 before going to work. included a render.

Same:

Tesla Motors Club - Error
You do not have permission to view media within this album.

---

So as far as gifts go... I wasn't expecting anything and thought it was a kind gesture to not only send reservation holders something but to also acknowledge those in line on Day One with an extra something.

While I hold out hope as one of the earrrrrrrly line waiters for something nice and easy such as a free option during Design Studio time (no shipping costs and that would be So Simple - gratuitous hint, hint), it appears instead that we will likely receive one or more of the following:

1. Artwork similar to what was given to event participants at the first reveal
2. A Model 3 cap
3. A scale Model 3
4. A Model 3 mug

No sizing required, and all relatively small/less expensive to ship. But think of all the shipping costs that could be saved if one was merely granted a free option at configuration time :). Yeah, yeah, I know. Wet blankets.

So, in the spirit of idle prognostication, here's an idea... 4%-7% of the reservations were from owners. Using the first day's number, let's just call it 5% of 115,000 or about 6,000 owners on Day One. If Elon really wanted to wow the populace Yet Again, all he'd have to do is to sign 100 of those pieces of artwork each day for the next 60 days and have a freshly minted marketing intern mail out all 6,000 pieces. Suitable for framing, and there you have it. I realize that if he ever got wind of this idea that Elon would well and truly kill me about eight different and highly creative ways - after the feeling in his signing hand returned.

Those caps and mugs are going to be nifty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Microfrost
The thing I'd like most is a free upgrade for something that is simply software related. Either supercharging enabled if it's not free for everyone, or autopilot enabled. That would be an amazing gesture for those of us that sat in line that morning, and would cost them nothing (other than losing that money potentially on the sale end). I'd trade my mug and scale Model 3 for that :cool:

The thing I'd like most is a free upgrade for something that is simply software related. Either supercharging enabled if it's not free for everyone, or autopilot enabled. That would be an amazing gesture for those of us that sat in line that morning, and would cost them nothing (other than losing that money potentially on the sale end). I'd trade my mug and scale Model 3 for that :cool:
So long as you know it won't be happening.

Come on that's totally ridiculous..how would you breath...unless maybe the bio weapon option could somehow create oxygen and get rid of the radioactivity at the same time, not to mention the added cost of such a system..

Well I didn't mean right away. :p I'll wait a few years until Musk makes it suitable for us to live on Mars, or at least part of it.

the Space Exploration Package is an additional $2.5m
RKgKb7H.jpg
This is awesome and hilarious lol