Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Guy that won Kimbal's 3 in contest trying to sell it

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mr X

Jan 18, 2013
1 AU
2017 Tesla Model 3 | eBay

Hasn't even put 400 miles on it

This car has everything that can be purchased for the Tesla Model 3 and is worth $60,500 from the factory. Obviously, since this car is unique compared to other Model 3's, I believe that it is worth way more than that

So unique compared to other Model 3's because Kimbal may have farted in the driver seat? I don't stink so

While it’s anyone’s right to do what they want with their car, it certainly would’ve been nice if, in a case, like this, the winner would’ve been someone who really wanted the car.

FWIW I think VIN 006 might be worth something someday, but I doubt it’ll fetch much (if anything) at all over market value right now. I may be completely wrong, certainly, but outside of Elon’s own VIN 001 I just don’t think enough time has passed for the earliest cars to have excess value due solely to their VIN.

Reactions: S'toon
While it’s anyone’s right to do what they want with their car, it certainly would’ve been nice if, in a case, like this, the winner would’ve been someone who really wanted the car.

A lot of Tesla fans probably entered that raffle, and many of those same Tesla fans probably had a Model 3 reservation. If I had won, I would be selling it too to make room for a 3P. ;)

I entered the contest and if I had won, I would have driven it (very rarely) for about a year and then sold it as I was already sitting on a reservation.

Edit: Although as my wife is currently borrowing my car for the entire day, maybe I would have kept it....

Last edited:
Hasn't even put 400 miles on it

So unique compared to other Model 3's because Kimbal may have farted in the driver seat? I don't stink so

FWIW I think VIN 006 might be worth something someday, but I doubt it’ll fetch much (if anything) at all over market value right now. I may be completely wrong, certainly, but outside of Elon’s own VIN 001 I just don’t think enough time has passed for the earliest cars to have excess value due solely to their VIN.

Wow... good luck on the buy-it-now price :cool:

upload_2018-8-5_12-24-11.png

Maybe I'm just cheap, okay I am cheap, but I would rather spend that extra money on the color and options I want, and maybe even get the P with free Supercharging, rather than get number 6 which was built before many of the bugs were worked out. Just saying....