Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Gyeon Leather Shield Streaks in black seats?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just applied this product on one of my black seats and gave streaks. It's been close to an hour and they aren't going away. I even tried to wipe them with a cleaner and they won't go away. Is my seat damaged now?! This car had less than 2,500 miles. I am so frustrated that this happened.

Tesla has recommendations for cleaning the interior in the owners manual. I'd follow those and see if the streaks come out. Keep in mind that the seats in your tesla are not leather and leather products are not appropriate (or recommended).

Seats​

Wipe spills and chemical residues from interior surfaces as soon as possible using a soft cloth moistened with warm water and non-detergent soap. Wipe gently in a circular motion. Then wipe dry using a soft, lint-free cloth.
Although seating surfaces are designed to repel stains, Tesla recommends regular cleaning to maintain performance and an as-new appearance. Promptly treat dye transfer from clothing, such as indigo-dyed denim. Avoid contact with harsh chemicals, including certain cosmetics. Never use cleaners containing alcohol or bleach. Spot-test cleaners on an inconspicuous area before applying to visible surfaces.
Vacuum seats as needed to remove any loose dirt.

I just applied this product on one of my black seats and gave streaks. It's been close to an hour and they aren't going away. I even tried to wipe them with a cleaner and they won't go away. Is my seat damaged now?! This car had less than 2,500 miles. I am so frustrated that this happened.
Your seats should be fine. I use the Leather Shield on my seats once a year. It does leave streaks which you're supposed to wipe off with the Leather Cleaner Mild. I use the Leather Cleaner throughout the year to clean the seats.

Your seats should be fine. I use the Leather Shield on my seats once a year. It does leave streaks which you're supposed to wipe off with the Leather Cleaner Mild. I use the Leather Cleaner throughout the year to clean the seats.
Thanks, I used some LEXO leather cleaner I had last night, but it looks like it still didn't take them off all the way. Should I keep trying?

Thanks, I used some LEXO leather cleaner I had last night, but it looks like it still didn't take them off all the way. Should I keep trying?
I would think any leather cleaner would do the job, but I bought the Gyeon Leather Cleaner with the Leather Shield at the same time so that's all I've used. If it was me I'd try the LEXO a few more times and if it doesn't remove the streaks, probably get the Gyeon Leather Cleaner.

Also, it may need to cure overnight before the streaks disappear. I don't quite remember since it's been around 10 months since I last did it. I usually do the seat treatment when it gets warm enough to wash the car at home, so usually around April/May.

I would think any leather cleaner would do the job, but I bought the Gyeon Leather Cleaner with the Leather Shield at the same time so that's all I've used. If it was me I'd try the LEXO a few more times and if it doesn't remove the streaks, probably get the Gyeon Leather Cleaner.

Also, it may need to cure overnight before the streaks disappear. I don't quite remember since it's been around 10 months since I last did it. I usually do the seat treatment when it gets warm enough to wash the car at home, so usually around April/May.
Thanks for the info! Do you have black or white seats?

I just use baby wipes on the seats. They look great! But I do wonder what should be used on the wood strip on the dash.... I do dust it but because it's kind of an open pore cut, it tends to snag the Swifter and leave little pieces in the wood....