Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Had tow pack fitted, tows fine but icon is yellow

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently had the tow pack fitted by Tesla, when connecting my caravan, the trailer icon appears (yellow), everything works as expected and I can tow with no issues.
I know yellow means ilthat trailer mode is inactive, but there is no option anywhere in my screen for trailer mode.
The manual says to look under:
Controls > Pedals & Steering > Trailer Mode
(Pedals and steering isn't even under Controls, so the menu structure is different to the manual)- but I can't see anything there, is this something that Tesla have forgotten to enable, or is this buried somewhere else?
Thanks.

Did you scroll to the bottom of that settings page? Off road and slip start is found there too.
IMG_5032.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: gosub10
It's a 2023 MYLR. Only had it about 6 weeks. I messaged service and they pushed out 2023.26.8 to me, but it was exactly the same afterwards, they've now said that they believe it's a configuration mismatch, so a Tesla Ranger is coming over next week to sort it. I'll post the outcome here, but hopefully it'll be straightforward enough.

Reactions: GreyFoggyDay
For the sake of completeness I'll post update - the ranger came out and updated the car so I now have Trailer mode.
Weirdly I don't have the 'apply brakes in lieu of regen braking' option, and the Ranger looked at me blankly when I asked about it - he wasn't familiar with that (which I thought odd)
Never mind, the trailer bit is fixed 😎

Reactions: GreyFoggyDay