Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Handgun Vault or Safe for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ended up getting the consolve vault for my model3 for 1/2 off. Install was not difficult with my smallest socket wrench and an extension. It's the most secure method that is readily available I could find for handgun storage. It might not be CA legal due to no fully enclosing the gun, but the things that are legal are far less secure. The trunk is probably the least secure place on a model 3 to store a handgun, and of course that is what CA would have us do since there are no room under the seats in my 3. Sounds like the Y might have more options.
Just need a tight fitting lockable soft case to put the gun in before putting it into the vault to make it "compliant"...

Reactions: zpaul and freed0m
Oh I should add that I removed my jeda hub with the space for the hidden drive, I put the SSD into the vault behind one of the metal sides. The safe had enough room to run the USB cable into the top lightly pinching it (ordering a thin cable). I guess having that much space means it could be pried open with a tool. But it still seems like the safest bet. Also this is for the model 3, not the Y so YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.