Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hankook new iON tire, an "EV" tire (not the same as Kinergy GT)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got it. Thanks! So what are everyone's thoughts on purchasing 'certificates' with Discount Tire? They supposedly already have flat tire repair included in the standard price, and the tires have a manufacturer's tread life warranty. I typically purchase through Tire Rack, so not that familiar with what Discount Tire will and will not do to take care of issues. Thanks again.
I am usually very anti extended warranty type purchases, but I purchased the certificates from DT. It is less than the cost of 1 tire at $158, so if you get a nail in the sidewall or something that is unrepairable (not in the middle tread) the certificates more than pay for themselves.

My current tires have a patch in 2 of the tires from getting a nail in each one, so my luck has not been great.

Got it. Thanks! So what are everyone's thoughts on purchasing 'certificates' with Discount Tire? They supposedly already have flat tire repair included in the standard price, and the tires have a manufacturer's tread life warranty. I typically purchase through Tire Rack, so not that familiar with what Discount Tire will and will not do to take care of issues. Thanks again.
Negotiate with them in the store. I've never paid more than about $50-$70 total for the 4 certificates. I will usually buy them as well, but not at full price.

You need to go to your cart. They show $267 each but then there is a credit at the bottom of $228

View attachment 965123
dam wonder what the deal is! Never got an email from them about this. For the Y it's $315/ea with $344 discount

dam wonder what the deal is! Never got an email from them about this. For the Y it's $315/ea with $344 discount
Yeah bc it's not on their deal page or anything. My only guess is they are "price matching" other websites at the $210 price.

My order doesn't even show the discount - just simply $210 for each tire.

1692114409944.png

I typically purchase through Tire Rack, so not that familiar with what Discount Tire will and will not do to take care of issues. Thanks again.
Note that Discount Tire acquired Tire Rack in late 2021. An obvious effect is that when you search for local installers on Tire Rack's web site, Discount Tire or America's Tire stores prominently show up at the top of the listing.

• Informative
Reactions: XPsionic
@Discount Tire

These now show discontinued on your website. Can you please explain why?

View attachment 965468

Thank you for calling this out, Jeremy. I'm not sure why this is showing as discontinued.

Could be an input error on our side, or it's possible the item number attached to the MPN (1033204) is being updated due to some form of change with the tire (mold, etc.) When a change is made by the manufacture, the part number is discontinued to make way for the replacement MPN.

I'll dig into this and will report back.

Thank you for calling this out, Jeremy. I'm not sure why this is showing as discontinued.

Could be an input error on our side, or it's possible the item number attached to the MPN (1033204) is being updated due to some form of change with the tire (mold, etc.) When a change is made by the manufacture, the part number is discontinued to make way for the replacement MPN.

I'll dig into this and will report back.
Yes, please let me know. I can't imagine they are actually discontinued as it is a brand new model/tire. I have an appt scheduled for next Tuesday to install these and I don't want them if I won't be able to get replacements should I ever need them (I bought the certs).

Yes, please let me know. I can't imagine they are actually discontinued as it is a brand new model/tire. I have an appt scheduled for next Tuesday to install these and I don't want them if I won't be able to get replacements should I ever need them (I bought the certs).

Update - spoke with Hankook customer service and they confirmed this tire is NOT discontinued and they have ample inventory across their distribution centers. I'm thinking this must be an input error on our end. I'll get this into the hands of our web team for additional review.

My apologies for the confusion surrounding this and again, appreciate you calling this to our attention!

Update - spoke with Hankook customer service and they confirmed this tire is NOT discontinued and they have ample inventory across their distribution centers. I'm thinking this must be an input error on our end. I'll get this into the hands of our web team for additional review.

My apologies for the confusion surrounding this and again, appreciate you calling this to our attention!
Perfect! Thank you

Reactions: Discount Tire
Compare
TIRES-brand
HANKOOKION EVO AS SUV255 /45 R19 104W XL BSWItem #120829
BETTER
No reviews yet
50,000 mile warranty
Available as soon as Monday, Aug. 21 at My Store
Features

Discount Tire credit card

Discount Tire Credit Card