Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hankook tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey there, I got a new long range last month and it came with the Hankook Kinergy Gt tires. I’ve found the ride seems almost excessively firm with the car. Have tried lowering tire pressure a bit and no real improvement. Today I got a loaner 3 while mine was getting serviced and found the ride significantly better. It was a 22 with 10k miles and has the Michelin tires.
Wondering if others have experience or results confirming the Michelin tires ride better? I’m about to buy a set of them if that’s the case considering how much better they seem to ride.

I Have Hankook and the ride is firm,. I have had a horrible rear end whining for a few moths now, car has been in and out of the Tesla service place with “no fault found“ of course. Last week I had a mobile visit, and it looks like the inside edge of both rears have stepped, and probably is the cause to the noise. The tyres are hard i agree, and overinflated when I received the car, Tesla recommend dropping to 40psi, (44 at delivery), this has improved the ride quality. The over inflation probably caused the stepping to occur.